Tonematch Limmits?

Ole

Power User
I was wondering if anyone found amps that can't be tonematched?
Was talking to a KPA guy, and he claimed that TM was almost useless. (I know it isn't)
I have no experience with TM at all myself, other then all the clips i heard here on the forum, so I wondered what the limmits really are for TM?
Fire away experts :)

Last edited:
The only reason I'd say Tone Match is useless is that after spending too much time with Tone Matching on the Axe and profiling on the Kemper I find it preferable to just use the models in the Axe - the Axe's models and deep parameters are more versatile and more consistent. If there is something really special and unique about the way an amp is voiced or it's an amp that you know really, really well then Tone Match is cool. But even with my favorite Tone Matches I ended up dialing in the Axe to improve on the real amp and refine the sound beyond what the real amp can do.

Something I did find useful about TM and profiling is that it helped me study the sound of the real amps and in the end learn how to better dial in my thing on the Axe.

I thought the KPA also did matching on the non linear aspect as well? Distortion, dynamics, ....
If not, I am disappoint.

Ironic since 99% of what the KPA is doing is TM (EQ Matching).

I know. I tried to explain that the result was the same, but no luck.
But if I understand your post correctly, Tonematching and profiling are pretty much the same procedure, and if not atleast the endresult will be same?
Meaning that the sky really is the limmit here :)

Back
Top Bottom