AFIII ToneBender fuzz for days...

Thanks guys! Hope the preset translates well for everyone's instruments. It sounds awesome on my LP, Tele and Strat.

-orangenoise

Have been on a constant quest for nailing a good fuzz. Not just in the AxeFx3 but also with amps and pedals. Think I've settled on a pretty good one here. Check it out and see if it suits you.

Download the preset here...

ToneBender Fuzz

-orangenoise
View attachment 114670

Was just listening to more tracks on your SC page. “Cult of Omission” is fantastic! If you are in a band you should look to develop it further and add some lyrics

Was just listening to more tracks on your SC page. “Cult of Omission” is fantastic! If you are in a band you should look to develop it further and add some lyrics
Thanks so much man! Really appreciate you listening. Not in a band, unfortunately. Someday maybe.

I was expecting heavily tweaked fuzz settings, but it's just basic controls. All the better! 👍

Damn! That sounds really good. Thanks for the preset. Gonna give it a shot later.

-Ed
Thanks Ed! Enjoy.

I was expecting heavily tweaked fuzz settings, but it's just basic controls. All the better! 👍
Yeah, it actually turned out to be more of an amp and cab choice than the fuzz itself. I typically play with Orange, Matchless and Vox settings. Never tried the fuzz with a twin. Guess the twin's high headroom and clean lets the fuzz through nicely. As for the cab, I really like the AC20 IRs in the Axe.

I'll add that the fuzz sound I've been going for isn't that spitty one or the Pi type fuzz either. I heard some guys playing in a guitar store a long time ago. The tone they had was really thick, saggy and articulate. Been chasing that sound for years. It's not really an overdriven amp sound, to my ears at least. This is the closest I've gotten so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom