Tone Request - How about some Akira Takasaki!

Lution

Inspired
Always loved Akira's tone. Such a monster player! If you go for it, please make it Standard-Friendly ;) Thanks

Akira's solo from the early 80s. Kind of Eruption-ish, but he gets really melodic about 3/4 of the way through.

Last edited:
Sorry bro I dont have the patch for ya, but i wanted to say thanks for the trip down memory lane! I freakin loved those guys back in the day!

No worries. . . I'm happy you remembered these guys and loved them! I'm wondering if Mark Day liked Akira.

Fun Gear Trivia: Akira Takasaki endorsed Metaltronix amplifiers around the time of the first couple Loudness albums. Other notable endorsers included Zakk Wylde and Paul Gilbert.

I'd go with a boosted ( TS808 ) JCM800, high preamp gain, low master, bass and mids to taste, boosted treble and presence. Maybe a G12T75 cab + a second one (greenbacks?) to fill it out.

Might need a ParaEQ block or two to really get the frequency profile 100% dead bang correct but you can probably get close without a ton of EQ... That sound feels really bright and gainy but not super thick to me. That brightness aspect is much more pronounced on the Thunder in the East studio tone than the live clips, too, so really you've actually got a couple tones called out in those clips above but I'm fairly sure the Axe can get those sounds going to a high degree of approximation.

Still one of my favourite bands. Remember on those Max Norman produced albums IIRC that the guitars were double and triple tracked too, adding to the sound.

Back
Top Bottom