Tone Merchants and Matrix GT800FX

Tuco

Inspired
I ordered a Matrix GT800FX through Tone Merchants on Aug. 23, 2011. I received an email that the unit had arrived and was being shipped to me today.

I just wanted to mention it in case anyone else was awaiting that first shipment.

Enjoy guys.

TBH Im surprised its taken so long. I know Matrix have had plenty set aside for TM and were just waiting for a confirmation of numbers to ship. Shipping from Matrix to TM is 3 days.

Had TM wanted to, they could have ordered say 5 for stock over a month ago, AND they have orders. Just wondering why it took them so long. Still, there on the way now.

Enjoy guys.

TBH Im surprised its taken so long. I know Matrix have had plenty set aside for TM and were just waiting for a confirmation of numbers to ship. Shipping from Matrix to TM is 3 days.

Had TM wanted to, they could have ordered say 5 for stock over a month ago, AND they have orders. Just wondering why it took them so long. Still, there on the way now.
That's much less time than those of us on the TM/FAS preorder who have been waiting 3-4 months for products already paid in full.

Are they sold out at this point?
I am considering the Matrix (through TM) for my modeling rig.

Better call them, to find out.

Enjoy guys.

Ordered mine August 10[SUP]th[/SUP] and was told they were placing there order with Matrix at the end of that week. Matrix already had twenty ready, and Tone Merchants was not sure how many to order out of the twenty, if not the whole twenty. Why they were waiting is: they wanted the “Mark Day” video of the GT800FX to get out there and gauge the response off that. Tone Merchants also told me when Matrix sent the amp’s (which was not long after) forget the date off hand. Probably got held up in customs, especially with the 10 year anniversary of 9/11, watching everything. Getting in and out of Manhattan is a nightmare today, especially for trucks. Everything is beefed up, big time. So I’m sure customs has been kicked up for the past few month’s.

When I first got the amp it was for a few reasons, it met the power requirements and was single space, also have to see what it is about, when my UK brothers are ditching their tube amp’s left and right in favor of the Matrix.

I get a great sound from my Carvin but slightly underpowered. I would have jumped on another single space from Carvin with more power, b---ut they don’t have one, point being I have not felt denied during my wait for the Matrix. But now that I know it’s on the way getting pretty excited!!

John

Me too!! Can't wait to hear the combo! I'm picking up a pair of 1x12 EV 12L cabs this afternoon!

I’m sure you will love it! Been doing the FRFR route (Atomic but still want to try other products as the wallet allows me) for about a year now and getting good results especially with the AF II. But have also been craving a cabinet I have Mesa 2x12 Recto loaded with “Guitar Warehouse Speakers” Veteran 30’s so I have been considering getting another loaded the same way. Or maybe even two Mesa Thiele cabinets probably loaded with EV’s like yourself.

John

I've been doing the FRFR route since '09. Since I've gotten the II and the sudden rage for power amps I decided to take the plunge. I'm thinking of keeping my fbt's to have both choices. I'm stoked to hear the difference.

I ordered the GT800 on Wednesday Sept 7. They told me they had just shipped the last of a batch of 10 but they expected to get another 10 in 3 weeks or so, but they called the next day to tell me they were shipping it already! Not sure if a sale fell through or the shipment came in early or what, but if you're thinking about it give them a call and maybe they'll have one ready to go. I'm getting mine on monday.

6L6C, I too am interested in your Carvin v Martix comparison. I have a DCM1540L that I've been very pleased with so far, btw.

I just received my Matrix from TM. First impression after 5 minutes of playing before running out to class was very good.

I got mine yesterday too but I had to catch ZpZ and Return to Forever. Hopefully tonight I can plug things in. I did manage to put in a 4U rack along with the II but was only able to use 2 screws because the holes weren't wide enough like on the AXE. Luckily it weighs nothing! Can't wait to see how it sounds thru my pair of 1x12 EVL ported cabs I score off craigslist for 160 a piece!!:O

I was the first in line for the Matrix GT800FX pre-orders. As I have no use for it while I am awaiting for Fractal to send a new batch of AxeFX II to Tone Merchants, I have asked for them to keep it aside until they can ship my AxeFX II. I can only assume they did. I haven't heard from Tone Merchants since asking for an update a couple of weeks ago.

Compared to?

I'm hoping that this can replace my 2/90/2, and that brief impression tells me it can, easily. I will run it through the paces soon enough... but I really need to play with the full band to know if it's a keeper 100%. And that won't happen until October 14th :(

Back
Top Bottom