TONE matching in LOGIC Pro X

5150SuaveyAzul

Just curious on what i might be doing wrong in logic pro, the Axe Fx is set to be the main interface, the realut seems to work, but i never see any movement in the reference window, as shown in the picture, and do i always need, 100% sure to disable the cab? Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 5.13.46 PM.png

I know your post is a few. months old, but I've been trying to figure this out and watched a few videos:

If your reference track is an audio file:

1. you need to set the reference track in "config" tab to offline
2. then select/set the reference source (input/output) - I used USB 7/8
3. make sure the track goes to that output in logic and press PLAY in logic (I loop the sound)

If you're going from an amp/other source:
selecting the reference source input would be my first idea and then making sure that the reference is making noise (example: if an amp, you are playing).

Last edited by a moderator:
I know your post is a few. months old, but I've been trying to figure this out and watched a few videos:

If your reference track is an audio file:

1. you need to set the reference track in "config" tab to offline
2. then select/set the reference source (input/output) - I used USB 7/8
3. make sure the track goes to that output in logic and press PLAY in logic (I loop the sound)

If you're going from an amp/other source:
selecting the reference source input would be my first idea and then making sure that the reference is making noise (example: if an amp, you are playing).
Ive done all those but i never see any movemnet in the reference window, and it seems to work at the end

Other than editing the reference source and channel, I'm not sure why it's not showing up.

Are you doing this to audio file or to an input/live amp?

The Reference window is linked to the Reference Source. The reason you aren't seeing any activity in the Reference window is because you either don't have the Reference Source (in the Config tab) set correctly or Logic isn't sending audio to that input, which means it's not being detected by the Tone Match block.

As far as the Cab block is concerned, you don't need it if you're using a Tone Match block because Tone Matching takes the place of the Cab block.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom