Tone Matching: A Step-by-Step Video Tutorial

I have the sam problem, when I press enter to tone match, nothing happens and the curve in Y remains the same. Funny though I was able to tone match dimebags "walk" intro but only once. As I tried it again to get closer to his tone in another preset, I wasn't even close and as I said the Y curve is not moving at all after my recording. I have the FW 10.02 installed. Am I doing something wrong or what? Did you guys find something out in the meantime?

Please help anybody. Thanks.

I have the same problem.

What a great tutorial! over the years ive found some nice little tricks to get closer to the original reference, also some ways to use it creatively in the studio, might have to try make a vid, loved this, wish I had saw this when I first started using the tone match, awesome stuff!

What a great tutorial! over the years ive found some nice little tricks to get closer to the original reference, also some ways to use it creatively in the studio, might have to try make a vid, loved this, wish I had saw this when I first started using the tone match, awesome stuff!
I’m finally dipping my toes into the Tone Match arena. In preparation I have compiled a massive library of guitar stems from all my favorite bands and I’m ready to lock myself inside for a few days and have at it! Would love to see an updated video with any new tricks or tips learned over the many years since this threads posting, that may improve this process for us newcomers!

Back
Top Bottom