Tone Matches for Standand/Ultra

Hey,
there should be a "love" instead of a "like" button! ;)

A simple suggestion: Because I have no idea what the other presets in the zip file are based on (ok, I know what a Fender Twin is, etc. but I don't know the exact source) I think it would be cool if you'd introduce a readme, which just says: "Patch Name : Source (i.e.: youtube link, etc.)"
So I would be able to choose patches that might be of interest for me even when I'm not at home on my AXE.
I know this will be more work and I certainly don't request it for the patches you already did, but I think it would be a nice addition for the future ones.

Thanks again!

First of all, you are welcome. I think that is a good idea, but for most of the samples I cannot remember where I got them from. I got a lot from YouTube, some from Soundclick, some from SoundCloud. Some are mogg (Guitar Hero rips), and some of them are just random google searches. I will try to identify what examples I can. I have started to mention in my update posts what amps have been matched. Thanks for the feedback.

So how about this nevermore tone songtan?
This is what Jeff said he used in an interview.

"For the entire record, I used an Engl Special Edition head, an awesome amp that comes out of Germany. I’ve been working with those guys now for about four years. I also used an old Peavey 5150 head that belongs to Peter Richards, our producer. We did two channels of the Engl and two channels of the 5150 and combined them together to get this wall of sound. We set the gain on the Engl extremely high so that was basically our chunk amp. The gain on the 5150 was set very low so I had to work at it harder to really get the color of the chords out. With a combination of something that’s so overly distorted and something that’s somewhat clean, you get a great sound when you blend them together. I used an Ibanez Tube Screamer to get a little bit of extra gain for the leads. But these Engl amps are so saturated and so distorted you really don’t need anything like that. I found that if you just add a little bit of the Ibanez Tube Screamer, you get extra pick attack. You get more of that clicking kind of noise. I used my 7-string Jeff Loomis signature Schecter guitar for 99.9 percent of the record. The only other electric guitar I used for different tunings on certain songs was a Schecter Devil Custom. That’s it—those two guitars. For acoustics I just used a Martin 12-string and a 6-string that I think was an Alvarez. I used the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx for most of the clean sounds and effected tones that were on the record. It’s an awesome unit."

[Guitar only] The obsidian conspiracy - Nevermore - YouTube

So how about this nevermore tone songtan?
This is what Jeff said he used in an interview.

"For the entire record, I used an Engl Special Edition head, an awesome amp that comes out of Germany. I’ve been working with those guys now for about four years. I also used an old Peavey 5150 head that belongs to Peter Richards, our producer. We did two channels of the Engl and two channels of the 5150 and combined them together to get this wall of sound. We set the gain on the Engl extremely high so that was basically our chunk amp. The gain on the 5150 was set very low so I had to work at it harder to really get the color of the chords out. With a combination of something that’s so overly distorted and something that’s somewhat clean, you get a great sound when you blend them together. I used an Ibanez Tube Screamer to get a little bit of extra gain for the leads. But these Engl amps are so saturated and so distorted you really don’t need anything like that. I found that if you just add a little bit of the Ibanez Tube Screamer, you get extra pick attack. You get more of that clicking kind of noise. I used my 7-string Jeff Loomis signature Schecter guitar for 99.9 percent of the record. The only other electric guitar I used for different tunings on certain songs was a Schecter Devil Custom. That’s it—those two guitars. For acoustics I just used a Martin 12-string and a 6-string that I think was an Alvarez. I used the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx for most of the clean sounds and effected tones that were on the record. It’s an awesome unit."

[Guitar only] The obsidian conspiracy - Nevermore - YouTube

I can give it a shot, but there may be some discrepancies with the tone match since I do not have access to a seven string guitar.

Thanks a lot for these presets. But I'm new to this kind of stuff... can someone please explain what I need to do with the cab to make it work for me? (Using the Axe-FX at home for recoding)
Edit: I think I got it :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom