Tone match v.10 issue?

ztevie

Experienced
I haven't tonematched anything myself, but the few version 10 tonematched presets I've downloaded from AxeChange sounds really bad. All are very brittle, nasal sounding. The other presets Iv'e tried without tonematch are fine...
Anyone else experience this?

IMO there is definitely up with the TM block. I've posted responses to a few other people who commented on the same thing in the discussion thread but haven't seen a response from any of the pros. It definitely doesn't sound right. I like to play covers so I used the TM in V9 all the time. I upgraded to 10 and started to TM all my favorites again and every one seems almost distant. It sounds really accurate but far away, like there is a ton of reverb. Everything else sounds awesome (the new presets) so Im pretty positive its the TM block.

OK, glad(!) to hear I'm not the only one... I feel they are very trebley, but maybe we're talking the same thing when you say distant?
But wouldn't the guys posting them have the same experience, since the sound I'm hearing is really obvious for the worse? And you tried tonematch with v.10 and you hear that....
Well, I'm sure someone from FAS will test out TM and get back to us about it soon...

OK, glad(!) to hear I'm not the only one... I feel they are very trebley, but maybe we're talking the same thing when you say distant?
But wouldn't the guys posting them have the same experience, since the sound I'm hearing is really obvious for the worse? And you tried tonematch with v.10 and you hear that....
Well, I'm sure someone from FAS will test out TM and get back to us about it soon...

Read a few post down. As I've posted an issue with TMA.

I haven't tonematched anything myself, but the few version 10 tonematched presets I've downloaded from AxeChange sounds really bad. All are very brittle, nasal sounding. The other presets Iv'e tried without tonematch are fine...
Anyone else experience this?

Can you point me to a specific preset?

I changed the data format in V10 but it is supposed to detect older presets and convert them to the new format.

Can you point me to a specific preset?

I changed the data format in V10 but it is supposed to detect older presets and convert them to the new format.

Cliff not sure if it will help but I have a "Mr. Scarecrunch" one I did that is up on AXECHANGE and another user besides myself noticed it sounds very different.

I've actually tried doing some tone matches and doesn't sound like it is working like before. Hard to explain but twangy, hollow, and "verby" all at the same time. Sounds like being inside a tunnel or underwater. A lot of us are wondering if there is a new setting or something we need to turn on.

I noticed that going to the TM block and hitting the edit button fixes the funky TM sound. At least it fixes it for me. Noticed this behavior in the cab blocks too as well. Hitting the edit button while on the block seems to correct the issue.

I am also getting the same reverb type sound when using TM block. However, I just used the amp match template for the first time with a MOGG file and had much better results. I think it is still there but much less than dropping a TM block into a stock preset. Does the TM block in the Amp match template have a different presaved setting compared to the regular TM block? Eveything looked the same but the match didn't seem as distant. And yes, I always make sure all effects are bypassed prior to TMing.

So I have a lot of Tone Match presets I really like. Like Van Halen, Satriani, Vai, Boston, Etc. So will these be affected when I upgrade to V10?

Don't use Axe-Edit for any presets with TM blocks. Send those using MIDI-OX or Snoize.

I noticed that going to the TM block and hitting the edit button fixes the funky TM sound. At least it fixes it for me. Noticed this behavior in the cab blocks too as well. Hitting the edit button while on the block seems to correct the issue.

This worked for me in the CAB block. If I hit edit on the CAB block from the front panel OR "reset" the cab via Axe-Edit, it fixes the CAB block.

does not work for me either in fw. 10. It's like there is a robotic formant filter + ressonance thingie going on. Maybe it's the sound of fractalbot who have hacked himself inside my axe-fx and are now trapped :D haha, no but seriously... how do we get him out? poor guy :p

Yeah distant would be the appropriate word. I can't place my finger on it but having tone matched something in V9 and then TM'ing the same thing in V10 had very different results. Eq wise it seems about the same but it seems something is going wrong in terms of how it's presented. Kind of like when you artificially turn a mono signal into a stereo signal with a widener. Sounds phasey and distant.

There is a thread on this in the bugs section by now where cliff mentioned there was a mistake (regarding phasing issues due to a delay) and he had already fixed it (for the upcoming FW update, I guess).

I'd prefer he'd just upload a quick FW update with a fix for it since it kinda renders the whole TM thing useless (which was THE thing in the FW update about a year ago).

Back
Top Bottom