Tone Match block output IR is too quiet

Yesterday I used Tone match block for having tone similar as is on my isolated reference guitar track.

I used reference track as reference input via USB7/8.
Local signal was output of AMP block.

Everything worked fine. The result was fine and with fine level after tone matching, when I used tone match block.

Now the problem:
When I exported IR into User CAB list from TM block, bypassed TM block, enabled CAB block and then used this IR in CAB block, tone was fine, but cca 8dB quieter.
What could be the problem ?

Last edited:
It's been like that since it was implemented in the axe fx II, don't know the reason..

6 dB quieter actually. By design. Cab block attenuates by 6 dB as speaker IRs often have resonances of 6 dB or more.
Thanks for explanation.
Maybe additional question ... is there some way, how to increase level of this IR to the same level as have standard IRs from Factory library or 3rd party IRs?

Thanks for explanation.
Maybe additional question ... is there some way, how to increase level of this IR to the same level as have standard IRs from Factory library or 3rd party IRs?
I use Cab-lab for that. Load your exported Tonematch IR and save it , no need to touch IR volume of Cab-lab.

6 dB quieter actually. By design. Cab block attenuates by 6 dB as speaker IRs often have resonances of 6 dB or more.
Couldn't you make it so that the tonematch IR file is boosted by 6dB (or normalized to 0dBFS peak) upon saving?
It'd be more logical imho, since, when it is saved as a user cab, we can only load it in the cab or IR player block where it will be 6dB quieter than other IRs

Interesting. The 2 times I've ever TM'd I ended up raising the lvl about 6-8dB to compensate thinking I did something wrong in the process. After boosting, it sounded exactly as intended though.

Didn't know it was lowered by design. So it's 6dB? Cool.

Anyone know of a tool outside of fractal to boost the 6db back up and save the IR to match stock and purchased IR's.

I hurt myself bad with this issue while using in ears. Was using my tone match with the output boosted 6 db and forgot it wasn't the same as stock IR's and switched to a stock one. Man that took my hearing out for three days. Lesson learned paid for in hearing loss.

Back
Top Bottom