Tone Match Attempt - Brad Paisley

chancefx

Hello,

Here is my first Tone Match attempt. I've tried to match Brad Paisley's tone on the track She's Everything (Live) from the record Hits Alive. To get the reference, I played about 10 seconds of the beginning of the track from my iTunes to the Axe Fx via USB. The amp block is a Mr Z 38 SR. The guitar I used is a Kirn Barnbuster Tele on the neck pickup.

Please excuse the playing! I only spent enough time trying to learn it so I could try to match and compare tones.

Please let me know what you think of the Tone Match.

Here is the patch (hopefully I've attached it correctly). Since the clip above, I've lowered the gain a little and also turned up the low cut in the amp block. The guitar I'm using has pretty low output pickups. So, depending on the guitar/pickups used, the gain may be way too high.

View attachment Paisley Everything (Tele).syx

Last edited:
Hello,

Here is my first Tone Match attempt. I've tried to match Brad Paisley's tone on the track She's Everything (Live) from the record Hits Alive. To get the reference, I played about 10 seconds of the beginning of the track from my iTunes to the Axe Fx via USB. The amp block is a Mr Z 38 SR. The guitar I used is a Kirn Barnbuster Tele on the neck pickup.

Please excuse the playing! I only spent enough time trying to learn it so I could try to match and compare tones.

Please let me know what you think of the Tone Match.

Sounds great! Care to share?

pretty close. The live version is a little brighter has less gain. The matched version is more bassy imo. BUt it's a great start.

I knew i put new strings on my tele for a reason. Can't wait to try this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Great tone!

The matched does sound slightly more gainy and grainy and also seems to have more in the low-mids, best noticable in the first few notes of the tweaked tone.
But all of that seems tweakable!

Great tone!

The matched does sound slightly more gainy and grainy and also seems to have more in the low-mids, best noticable in the first few notes of the tweaked tone.
Agree, sounds great with the sample but needs tweaking to use. Thank you fro sharing!

Sounds great! I am working on tone matching mud on the tires! I am pretty close, but the thing with Paisley is his right hand. Pretty sure he would sound the same through a z-wreck or a gorilla :)

Great tone!

Yeah, you're right. After recording the clip. I took out some gain and some low end...much better/closer now.

That's really good man. Really really really good!

Thanks!

Agree, sounds great with the sample but needs tweaking to use. Thank you fro sharing!

One thing I've noticed about this particular match is that it only sounds useable with the guitar I used for the original match. Other guitars (particularly with humbuckers) of mine would require a lot of tweaking to get a useable tone.

Sounds great! I am working on tone matching mud on the tires! I am pretty close, but the thing with Paisley is his right hand. Pretty sure he would sound the same through a z-wreck or a gorilla :)

Very cool! I would love to hear it when you're done. Yes, I agree that his right hand has a significant role in his tone(s)!

I absolutely loved the Axe 2 before. But, the tone matching adds a whole new dimension and raises the bar that much further...pretty amazing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom