Tone help

Not muddy here - too much gain for my tastes which gives it basically no dynamic range, but I think that may be my age showing 🤪. No mud though.

Thanks
Pauly

Looking for some feedback from someone with studio monitors. Is this muddy? Any tips?

Thanks all! Im listening with a QSC 10.2 speaker. I have it set to monitor mode, but it still gets woofy and I can never tell how it will translate.

Not muddy. But if you're going to play it live, a bit more in the upper midrange might help it cut through.

Not muddy at all, but too much gain and not enough mids for my taste.

More mids will help getting a fatter tone.

Ok, so I dialed down the gain and then ran 4 small clips. I’m using YA MRSH 25 Mix 1 IR.

First time progression - Using 412 Brit Greenback SIC.

Second time - added an SD-1 in front, same SIC

Third time - Using the UK Load Box SIC

Fourth time - added SD-1 in front

Sounds great! I'm sure it feels better to play with the SD-1 in front, and I might do that at a gig if I were the only guitar. But recording, I'd double-track-it without the SD-1 and it will sound very fat and thick. Live with another guitarist, I'd also skip the SD-1.

Sounds great! I'm sure it feels better to play with the SD-1 in front, and I might do that at a gig if I were the only guitar. But recording, I'd double-track-it without the SD-1 and it will sound very fat and thick. Live with another guitarist, I'd also skip the SD-1.
Good advice!! Which SIC did you prefer? The greenback or the load box?

Good advice!! Which SIC did you prefer? The greenback or the load box?
I find them indistinguishable. If you didn't say they were different, I wouldn't think they were. I'm listening with Adam A7X.

And... what is a SIC?

I find them indistinguishable. If you didn't say they were different, I wouldn't think they were. I'm listening with Adam A7X.

And... what is a SIC?
Speaker Impedance curve in the amp block. First two runs had the 4x12 Greenback and the last two used the UK Loadbox

Back
Top Bottom