TODAY feels like "VERY SOON" to me

.....just asking myself how many disappointed people will be there around tomorrow....

tones I heard here so far with tone matching - amazing, no doubt. but those few examples ...and some people seem to have developed kind of religious believe in this new feature :lol already discussing which tone to match first. And even if it works perfect - there is another thing to a tone match, which is often forgotten in this discussions....fingers. Tone match a pure vintage Lynch sound e.g., I am not sure if too many even big Lynch fans would like playing this preset, because it would hardly sound like George on most fingers...

I am still little sceptical if the quality will be really usable in most cases (btw. where is actually the famous virtual valve concept approach in this matching thing ?) - but lets see, I hope that it will be much better then I expect it to be...

according to "sound" update, I must say the axe 2 with v5 is already that fantastic and flexable for creating a "new", own sound. if v6 can deliver little more real-feel - perfect. if not, I am happy with what it is (with some minor imperfections of course ).

other up coming features sound much more interesting to me (new axe edit e.g. hopefully better)

cheers
Anytime that the amp models have been reworked there has been an improvement to me. I'm excited about the tone matching concept because I do have a few things that I'm interested in seeing if it gets me that final 10% of the way there, but the laundry list called release notes has only one line mentioning tone matching. There's a lot of stuff going on that addresses a lot of things that people have been looking for in one way or another.

But I do get your point about potential of disappointment with some people thinking that pushing a button is going to make them sound like something they are not. If anything it may just make them realize that its not the gear....

Some questions on the Recto models:

I was always under the impression that channel 2 and 3 or red and orange were/are identical. Is this not the case? Is this based on the rectifier "reborn" or before that? Are the two channel rectifier models gone now? Or is Orange Vintage the two channel vintage high gain mode and Orange Modern the three channel vintage high gain mode? Just want to make sure I have all this right in my head...

@ak49climber:

Channels 3 & 4 on my roadking ii are identical, except for the presence control. from the manual:

Channels 3 & 4: Should you find that you favor raw and vintage and never need the aggressiveness of modern or
the opposite, you favor the shredding cut of MODERN and have no use for the warmer nature of RAW and VINTAGE, it is possible to
duplicate the PRESENCE controls in CHANNELS 3 & 4 with a simple pot value change

For guys like me who will be starting on the ground floor with the Axe 2 with 6.0, will all of these new features be included in a user's manual update? I am tempted to start going through the current user's manual now, just so I can begin to absorb it a little bit at a time. But if 6.0 is going to essentially rewrite large chunks of the user's manual, I'd rather wait until an updated manual is available. Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks.

For guys like me who will be starting on the ground floor with the Axe 2 with 6.0, will all of these new features be included in a user's manual update? I am tempted to start going through the current user's manual now, just so I can begin to absorb it a little bit at a time. But if 6.0 is going to essentially rewrite large chunks of the user's manual, I'd rather wait until an updated manual is available. Any advice/suggestions?

There aren't large interface changes for the most part. You won't be wasting your time. The looper UI changes a bit. A few of the advanced amp parameters change. For the most part it's block behaviour and that's covered by your ears.

"Changed Volume Increment/Decrement so that action only happens for a CC value greater than 63."

What does this mean???

"Changed Volume Increment/Decrement so that action only happens for a CC value greater than 63."

What does this mean???

This (probably) means, that there's only one action at a time, even if you use a momentary switch (= sends 0 on release) or a latching/stompbox switch (= 0 on second press).

The one humbling thought to me about the upcoming firmware update, is to think back or listen to the demos of the original ultra done by Pete Thorn and Mark Day and many others and think how awesome they sounded then. The most important upgrade any of us can perform is to our brain and fingers. Maybe the tone matching will end up humbling a few of us when we realize that the missing element is not in the gear. I speak only for myself when I say that no gear setup is going to get me as far as practice, study and experience will. That being said, I'm totally stoked for this update.

If anything, I'm expecting that a lot of my favorite tones have a lot less distortion than I think. Which usually means, I need to work harder and play better to match the original tone.

Back
Top Bottom