TODAY feels like "VERY SOON" to me

Hey I didn't realize the clip was linked in this thread. Anyway, sounds great and Cliff's showing off some chops as well!

Good stuff Cliff! I played it through my Senn hd650's, high end Grado GS1000i's, and then Adam A7 monitors.

Seamless to my humble ears!!!!!

I wonder if you can use the "tone matching" feature over some dialogue sounds and do some voice-over work worthy of a movie trailer =P

I highly doubt they have done them all over. It sure would be nice, but I'm guessing the first 40 or so.

I would guess they redid all the presets since all the amp control are going to perform differently now that they are mapped to their real world counterparts. All the old presets will sound like a hot mess in v6 :)

Congratulations to Cliff for having the guts as well as the mastery to update an already outstanding device, due to competition requirements and user wishes.
I can't wait to use V6.

Finally the enhanced Looper !!! Yes !!!

I knew changing my "home page" to the Fractal Forum on the announcement of v.6.0 would eventually pay off.

2349228.jpg

I started recording an album in v3 so decided to stick with it to the end. If I finish the rhythms of the final song today I can upgrade to v6 as a finishing present to myself...recorded the DI so I''ll be all set to reamp it all through v6 :) Looking forward to some of the less pressworthy things - I'll get instant benefit from undo on the looper, an inbuilt metronome, and a mutable tuner that can cope with 8 strings and basses. Plus of course I'm looking forward to hearing all the improvements that people have been going on about since v4 to the basic tones. Have resisted tweaking for a while since my tones have been set for the album, but will be busy exploring some new ones after upgrading. Good stuff!

My Axe II and MFC are being delivered on Tuesday! Could the timing be any better?! I'm going from a digitech gnx4 through behringer b212's to an Axe II w/ 6.0 going through QSC K12's...I might take the rest of the week off work!

I'm waiting for the "oh, clearly the real amp has more bloom, note separation, fragile harmonics and shiny, crunchy, organic, goodness" comments.
I was considering writing a UserScript that automatically excluded any comment in any forum I read that used those terms. Browse pure and clean.

My Axe II and MFC are being delivered on Tuesday! Could the timing be any better?! I'm going from a digitech gnx4 through behringer b212's to an Axe II w/ 6.0 going through QSC K12's...I might take the rest of the week off work!
I think that the word 'might' needs to be removed from that sentence. :)

.....just asking myself how many disappointed people will be there around tomorrow....

tones I heard here so far with tone matching - amazing, no doubt. but those few examples ...and some people seem to have developed kind of religious believe in this new feature :lol already discussing which tone to match first. And even if it works perfect - there is another thing to a tone match, which is often forgotten in this discussions....fingers. Tone match a pure vintage Lynch sound e.g., I am not sure if too many even big Lynch fans would like playing this preset, because it would hardly sound like George on most fingers...

I am still little sceptical if the quality will be really usable in most cases (btw. where is actually the famous virtual valve concept approach in this matching thing ?) - but lets see, I hope that it will be much better then I expect it to be...

according to "sound" update, I must say the axe 2 with v5 is already that fantastic and flexable for creating a "new", own sound. if v6 can deliver little more real-feel - perfect. if not, I am happy with what it is (with some minor imperfections of course ).

other up coming features sound much more interesting to me (new axe edit e.g. hopefully better)

cheers

Back
Top Bottom