Today’s corporate gig

Nice Yek! Love the moving heads and new Axe rig.
I'm basically trying to do the opposite - bring as little gear as possible while preserving ability to crank it up.

Micro spotlights (on floor monitor and tops) were barely enough to get a way with, but Axe, PA and all go in one load, which is good -- it's at least a quarter mile hike from the dock past all the ballrooms to get to this one.

Attachments

• IMG_9723.jpg
    IMG_9723.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_E9725.jpg
    IMG_E9725.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Never been a fan of facing amps & speakers sideways across stage. I went to a Pink Floyd tribute concert recently and the guitarist did that, I was close to the front and it sounded crap (from an audience perspective). I'm sure it sounds great for the musician but for those out front who are too close to benefit from the PA....meh.

That stage looks purdy though 👍

Nice Yek! Love the moving heads and new Axe rig.
I'm basically trying to do the opposite - bring as little gear as possible while preserving ability to crank it up.

I can move my stuff in one go. The cab is in a flightcase with wheels. The rack and a large Mono bag (with the floor controller and other stuff) go on top of it, and I carry a dual mono guitar on my back.

I can move my stuff in one go. The cab is in a flightcase with wheels. The rack and a large Mono bag (with the floor controller and other stuff) go on top of it, and I carry a dual mono guitar on my back.
Smart! I can move my stuff and the PA and the lights in one go - LOL

Reactions: yek
Just a note about the gig:

I'm currently totally hooked on the two Shiver models. I think it's the best clean sound I've ever had. And love the dirty tones too.

I have dialed in my sounds using the higher output pickups on my PRS. But on the gig I went for the Strat. So the sounds were a lot less overdriven than usual. I have several "tools" available to fix that on the spot, but I decided to keep it this way for the entire two hours, and it was very refreshing. Stage sound was transparent and clean, I could hear every nuance, and single notes popped through. Man, I do love Strats.

Back
Top Bottom