Tobacco free for 2 days

I quit smoking a few years ago and found that after I hit the 3 day-free it became a lot easier and the craving for tobacco was gone. After it's gone just remember that you don't really need the tobacco and it doesn't help (plus relapsing sucks ass). It might take a few tries (for me it took like 8) but it's definitely worth it.

Here is a tip when I quit smoking after *cough* years:

"The amount of time that I have not had a cigarette would all go to waste if I have one now. I am only (10 - number of days since last smoke) days from no longer being physically addicted to cigarettes."

Good luck!

I basically quit smoking several years ago (although I'll admit I still have one every once in a while) with the help of nicotine lozenges. Now I'm addicted to the lozenges! Still, it's better than smoking. They still have the nicotine but none of the harsh chemicals. I find they're even more addictive than cigarettes because I can have a lozenge anywhere at anytime.

Dammit man, I misread the title, thought you were giving away free tobacco for the next two days!

Seriously though, I hope you succeed, it's tough, tried and failed many times myself.

Thanks for all of your words of support friends. It really means a lot. I'm still going strong and the edginess is starting to fade. Loving my wintergreen gum and feeling an energy boost from quitting. Thanks again for all of your kind words.

Kris

Coming on 20 years tobacco free. My thoughts that kept me going... I NEVER want to have to go through quitting again. Hang in there. I'm glad I did. My mom just died a painful death with lung cancer from smoking.

for me the first month was the toughest. It let up big time after that.

You can do it!

Wellbutrin helped my cousin quit.

PS...they also put carpet glue in cigs these days, so you are quitting carpet glue too!

Hang in there. Every single quit is different, and I've personally found the mental addiction *never* goes away; the best you can do is to make it go *dormant*. On my longest previous quit (out of dozens), I lasted 9 months, as all that time I felt I was giving something up. The addiction would always be saying, "Why are you going through all this just to deprive yourself? Not only are you miserable, you're a hypocrite: you know you're really a smoker at heart!". I finally became too fatigued with mentally arguing with myself 24/7.

This time I've been smoke-free for 18 months and counting. The difference is that I changed my whole mindset, and decided to adopt a "drill sergeant" attitude towards myself. Traditionally I'd always "babied" myself when I quit (e.g. allowing myself to eat whatever I wanted). This time, I didn't brook ANY excuses. Whenever the argument would start, the "drill sergeant" would pipe up (in the best R. Lee Ermey voice): "Quit your miserable puling, you pathetic piece of ****! You eat that, and you'll be a fat, slobbering b*****d in no time! Then you'll use that as an excuse to start smoking again anyway! What's that, puke? You say you're not really being yourself by quitting? TOO F*****G BAD, YOU WHINING CRYBABY! I don't care who the hell you feel like: yourself, someone else, Robert Johnson, Magic Johnson, whatever... It doesn't matter who you were, this is who you are NOW, so just deal with it, MOTHERF****R!"

Anyway, you get the picture. Seems to have worked so far... shuts the little voice right up. This quit, every single time I've had an urge, I can wait ten seconds, then calmly and truthfully realize that no, having one would actually not be all that great after all, and move on. A nice side-effect is that this attitude helped keep me from gaining weight as well, as the drill sergeant attitude to stick to a strict daily calorie-count. I actually LOST weight this time!

It's all mental. No matter what happens, guard the quit, as the next attempt your mental state will undoubtedly be completely different! Good luck!

I quit smoking in 1st grade after my parents caught me and whooped my ass. Haven't smoked since. :)

Tomorrow will be seven days. I was a moody bastard the first couple of days. I mean not just moody but Jekyll and Hyde moody. If I murdered anyone I did it in a blind rage and don't remember. Been checking the paper to see if there are any unsolved murders I might unknowingly be responsible for. Kidding aside, tomorrow will be seven days and I am over the cravings. My kids are stoked that I quit using the "black stuff". No going back now.

Excellent. I quit for two months one time. Got over all the withdrawals and all. A circumstance got the best of me and started lighting up again. One of the dumbest things I did... and still doing. But going through all the withdrawals back then was very painful and anyone who has never had cigarettes as a vice will never know the difficulty of quitting. Anyone who conquers it, (knowing what I and others know) I applaud.

Keep up the good work... and good job not committing manslaughter.

Also The first couple of days are hell but the mental urges last for years.
so as soon as you feel the need pick up your guitar or if you aren't near a guitar play a music theory game(name all the notes on the guitar but mixed up like start on the fifth fret then maybe 9 then 1 eventually cover all the frets.do that ascending and then do it descending).

after 20 years of smoking i finally quit a year ago.it wasnt easy but i guess its different for everyone.hats off to you for quitting and good luck.

Tomorrow will be seven days. I was a moody bastard the first couple of days. I mean not just moody but Jekyll and Hyde moody. If I murdered anyone I did it in a blind rage and don't remember. Been checking the paper to see if there are any unsolved murders I might unknowingly be responsible for. Kidding aside, tomorrow will be seven days and I am over the cravings. My kids are stoked that I quit using the "black stuff". No going back now.

That never goes away :mrgreen

I smoked 2 packs a day for 11 years. Giving up was not easy at all. I gained 3 stones and became depressed.

Sometimes I wonder wether or not it was worth it.

Still tobacco free! Just wanted to brag cuz I know my friends here will pat me on the back and for some reason I need a pat on the head and for someone to say "good boy"!

I haven't smoked on a continuous basis since 2004. I was going through a lot of personal stuff back then and lapsed back into it. Since around Christmas of that year I've been clean. It feels good.

My guitar teacher quit by using e-cigs. They worked very well for him.

yah... but did you kill anyone since? lol... Great to hear you're still smoke free!

man_pat_on_the_back_boy_lg_nwm.gif

Back
Top Bottom