To get SRV is "easy" (FW 20.04) At least I think it is....

musicman0001

Experienced
From AXE FX 2 onwards I have tried many presets to get certain Stevie Ray Vaughan sounds. And although the right pickup's and guitar and strings will be definitely a factor with the latest itterations of FW20X I tried it myself again. But actually it's not that hard to get this sound in the ballpark of the songs you wanna play.

I made a preset with 3 different amps: 6G4 super, Vibrato Verb AA and Prince Tone 5F2 where I have set different bright settings and different effects. Scenes are different amps, there is no SONG preset or scene. Most songs should be feasible, except with the rotary. I did not include the rotary. Due to possible CPU limitations.

NOTES:
  • If it's NOT loud enough or not matching your VOLUME please try AMP LEVEL first then OUTPUT 1 BLOCK level
  • As the IR has quite some highs(its not a dark IR)
    • try low and high cut on the CAB block
    • or lower presence cq tone cq highcut in the AMP
  • To be sure slightly change your PU's so they are not to harsh in the highs or too low in the bass as I matched everything it with my speakers and guitars and it works great when matched in the mix with Spotify songs of SRV
  • You could also delete one DRIVE and have the BOOST in the AMP set on T808 when needed
  • For some solo's you need to have BOTH 808 on
  • Studio Compressor at the end is set to 4 or 5 which matched my setup, but try lower or higher settings depending on your PU's
  • outside NL, maybe set AC back to 60 cycles
  • It's NOT tested at GIG or FOH, only HOME and MF10 FRFR Stereo setup.
    • With MF10 I needed to lower some bass (low cut), but maybe with latest FW that's not even needed anymore
  • The REVERB is also important for the sound. I forgot to set it to a lower % as 20% is on MY setup too much reverb and lower it to either 10 or sometimes even 5%.

If you can not load, please let me know as I have a TURBO. Then I will delete some of the drives or other FX.

Attachments

• SRV Stevie Ray Vaughan(FM9).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 39
  • SRV Stevie Ray Vaughan.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Found old JBL E130 SM57 C that was previously AXE FX 2 given by Tyler. If you want I can also make (fractool) FM3, FM9 preset from tylers old preset. BTW: Leon Todd made some good IR's as well which are less bright. So check them out as well on AXE Change.

Attachments

• U055_JBL E130 SM57 C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 20
There is also V30 160 version (and also V30 sm57). As I know that the version I included in my preset is working in my HOME environment and MF10 FRFR. But on your end this IR can be quite different in the highs. Just some tips ;)

1678034187937.png

I like it combined with V30 57 mic

1678034741550.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom