Tips on getting this guitar sound - The Joy Formidable

mrleon83

Hi all, my first post, great community! .

So I've had my FM3 for about 2 months now, it's awesome, I have my main band sounds all set up and sounding tasty but away from the band I love ambienty kinda sounds and the tone here : (about 9:40 in) to me sounds glorious, any ideas on how to achieve that with the FM3?

On the face of it, I guess a huge reverb with a over 50% mix, but there seems to be something else going on , I think the guitarist uses a POG among many others..

I just started with the Shoegaze Fuzz factory prest on the FM3. Those Pog synth fuzz sounds happen best, in my opinion, when you lose the CAB block so for the Poggers scene on this preset I dropped the CAB out and used a GEQ block to shape the tone.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 11.19.13 AM.png

Hard Fuzz model for the drive block gets you that nice, square-ish clipping.

Sounds decently close, definitely in the ball park:

That's with the neck pick in single coil mode on my PRS Standard 24. The Poggers scene as the input gate jacked to keep it from being noisy between notes. You can dial in some bit reduction on the DRV block if you want something even more synth-like.

Preset is attached but I'm running a beta firmware so it might not work for you just yet.

Attachments

• Formidable.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
Great band. Whirring is such an awesome tune and I love how they jam it out at the end.

I just started with the Shoegaze Fuzz factory prest on the FM3. Those Pog synth fuzz sounds happen best, in my opinion, when you lose the CAB block so for the Poggers scene on this preset I dropped the CAB out and used a GEQ block to shape the tone.

View attachment 100001

Hard Fuzz model for the drive block gets you that nice, square-ish clipping.

Sounds decently close, definitely in the ball park:

That's with the neck pick in single coil mode on my PRS Standard 24. The Poggers scene as the input gate jacked to keep it from being noisy between notes. You can dial in some bit reduction on the DRV block if you want something even more synth-like.

Preset is attached but I'm running a beta firmware so it might not work for you just yet.

Oh wow, that’s epic, I was actually referring to the ambient noises , but that is awesome! Thankyou so much

I had no idea it was a guitar sound but you totally nailed it! Bravo!
Well, you said POG, and that's the kind of sounds the POG does.

The ambient stuff in the intro is keyboard backing track, I'm pretty sure. But some shimmer reverb on that Crunch scene will do nicely, like @simeon mentions above.

Ian..
I bet if you string a pog (pitch block)into a verbzilla ( big modulated reverb block) into a delay ( ambient stereo delay block) with the mix(s) really wet
...some fast picking on a single note would generate the ambient stuff nicely 😉👍

Back
Top Bottom