Tips for headphone users?

mgavin

Experienced
Does anyone have any tips to make the axe sound better through headphones? Currently I'm using a pair of beyerdynamic dt880/600 ohm headphones and a Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amplifier to power the headphones. It sounds pretty good but I'm wondering how other headphone users go about using the axe.

I like to turn up the room parameter in the CAB block when listening thru headphones.

Not sure but, with out some "room" added in the CAB, isn't listening thru headphones kinda like having your ear pressed up to the speaker?

Usually I don't change much to adapt headphones, just increase the bass and decrease the reverb or delay levels. It's all preference. Usual tone tweaks that happen if/when you notice something lacking or bothersome.

I use a set of AKG K812's, Ive never done anything differently from headphones to monitors. Ive always thought my patches sounded great. I should try some of these suggestions and see what happens lol

A little room on the cab block, and also the NULL mic with a bit of Proximity to beef up the low end you loose from not getting resonance from the room you're in.

I use the quad chorus spread -100 -50 50 100 on the slowest possible speed to give a pleasant stereo spread plus 30% Room with a 90 width

Back
Top Bottom