Tip of the day (or night actually)

aziz

Power User
For night tweakers: keep a collection of output 3 DI recordings, played with various guitars and styles. If you feel the normal tweaking urge attacking at night, or want to check out other people's patches or whatever, and your better half is sleeping in the next room, you can use those files and reamp your playing through Axe. Using headphones, you can tweak as much as you like, in total silence! :D

Good plan! I'd love to develop a LIBRARY of raw dry guitar files for re-amp.

Of course, the entire feel/interactivity aspect of playing is lost, but this would still benefit us all in many ways.

1. Hear your presets sound with various guitars
2. Hear your presets in the hands of someone who plays a different style.
3. Easier hands-free tweaking without getting bored of your own few clips.

etc.

That's an awesome idea. There should be a thread for high quality dry recordings. Each recording should be posted with an description of the guitar, woods, pickups, interface, tempo, etc.

I'd be down to contribute to a Fractal DI Library. We could have sub sections according to genre.

Just soooooo many variables for a database to be anything like consistent though...

A selection of your own dry recordings is a great idea, but I do tend to think it's an entirely 'you, your guitar & your rig' kind of deal
thumbsup.gif

I have started doing this on regular basis. Different guitars with the different styles I play. I use a multi track daw with them all loaded and I mute the track I want. It really helps speed up experimentation.

I have a local friend that just purchased an AxeFX. Before his unit arrived, I had him come over and play through mine while I dialed up patches for him, then xferred the patches to him via email. By the time his AxeFX arrived, he already had some usable patches as a starting point.

I've argued for a 'recording' sub-forum.
It's a good idea, especially with dedicated threads for specific AxeFX <-> DAW applications (e.g., "what is the best way to connect my AxeFX II XL to Logic, and what are the correct settings for automating patch changes during recording?"). The Wiki has good information, but it seems like a forum dialog might be helpful.

I think a cool idea would be a Fractal website where for a small fee, you could upload your WAV DI tracks, have it convert it with a chosen preset and listen back/download. Would be good for people who can't afford an Axe FX or a "try before you buy" type thing. Saw some guy post on here asking someone to run a DI through an axe for him as he couldn't afford one.

Just an idea.

It's a good idea, especially with dedicated threads for specific AxeFX <-> DAW applications (e.g., "what is the best way to connect my AxeFX II XL to Logic, and what are the correct settings for automating patch changes during recording?"). The Wiki has good information, but it seems like a forum dialog might be helpful.

I'd LOVE something like this. After recently upgrading my audio interface to something that supports more instruments than what I had previously (upgraded from M-Audio ProFire 610 to Focusrite Saffire Pro 40), I'm about to jump onto the re-amping bandwagon. Having a forum where I could quickly and easily search through posts specifically related to this type of setup for "reamp Reaper" would be fantastic. I've seen couple of youtube vids and they've been helpful, but not sure how easy it will be to translate those into real world setup in my studio.

Here's a +1 for a sub forum dedicated to recording technologies, setup, and how-to's with various DAW's and the AxeFX.

Back
Top Bottom