Tip - Get the best from your drive block by...

I put my drive block in parallel and turned the mix to 100. Then I adjusted the gain around 7.5 or so and turned the volume to match the sound of my preset without the drive engaged. It sounds so much better like this now I don't lose the tone of the amp when engaging the drive block and I am also able to get a low volume feedback now. I have to say this is the best way I have found to use this effect block so far. No loss of tone ,enough boost to get some great sustain. The only thing you have to be careful of is the Niagara falls effect. You just have to find the sweet spot and this drive block can really be effective. If anyone else has other options I would love to hear them.

The Drives work well for me in general ,I do have a couple amps I struggle with a bit ,Might be inclined to agree the are a bit congested maybe? in some applications! I have to keep reminding myself where I would have the master on MV amps in the real world ,( how many times can you bring the master to 5 or 6 on a 100 watt amp /( I think never for me in a gigging situation , usually 2 or maybe 3) seems when the master goes down where it would normally run the drives work better! Kinda with Non MV amps too dropping the MV a bit seems to help?

mids at 780.4 hz -12db,
low cut to 963 and Hi cut to 498.9 hz (weird i know...im just using my ears and trying to ignore the science)
clip type to 4558/diode,
slew limit 2.53 (no idea what this does, but it felt better!)
bias -0.318.
mix (87.9)
drive (3.09)

here is a soundclip...cannot seem to find the option to embed
sound cloud.....

https://soundcloud.com/boleary2/axe-demo-fd2-rc-badger

Tip:

Try using the amp blocks as drives.

In series......try setting the sag off on the amp acting as a drive. Try changing tonestacks as well.

Experiment!

how do i default the drive block? I hit bypass 2x and whatever pedal i was using before i default it changes to rat distortion.

THis had me stumped to begin with as well ....... it's the 'overall' bypass button (the one that turns everything off) rather than the effect bypass button, that resets the default params......'

Back
Top Bottom