Tip - Get the best from your drive block by...

LOL

Seriously,

Hey Neil.

Thank's for making those AXFX video's and putting them up for us on your u-tube channel.

Video's are a great way to learn how to use this unit

Thanks again.

Last edited:
how do i default the drive block? I hit bypass 2x and whatever pedal i was using before i default it changes to rat distortion.

I'd agree. At some point it goes mushy and fat. It's so easy to get a ton of gain from the amps there is little need unless you're going for that over the top sound.

I'd agree. At some point it goes mushy and fat. It's so easy to get a ton of gain from the amps there is little need unless you're going for that over the top sound.

Not everyone uses the amp sims. I use mine as a pedal board replacement. I also happen to think that the drive block needs some more refinement as the amps block had received.

used an axefx tonite with part of my old pedalboard and really dug my fulldrive and tim into the front of the axe...tried to dial in the
rc boost and fd in the axe to make the amps respond the same to being pushed, but never could get it to sound open like my pedals
do. i cant seem to get a similar feel from the axe when trying to stack pedals into an on-the-edge-of-breakup sounding amp

my analog pedals into the amp sims sounded killer though! replaced my badger 18 and used the badger sim and it sounded and felt very close!
still have a little bit of dialing in to do, but overall very pleased!

used an axefx tonite with part of my old pedalboard and really dug my fulldrive and tim into the front of the axe...tried to dial in the
rc boost and fd in the axe to make the amps respond the same to being pushed, but never could get it to sound open like my pedals
do. i cant seem to get a similar feel from the axe when trying to stack pedals into an on-the-edge-of-breakup sounding amp

my analog pedals into the amp sims sounded killer though! replaced my badger 18 and used the badger sim and it sounded and felt very close!
still have a little bit of dialing in to do, but overall very pleased!

I agree with you on the drives not sounding as open as the actual pedals. I tried a zen drive the other day and it had so much more depth to it than the one in the axe. I don't know know why the drive block don't sound as good because the amp sims certainly do.

I agree with you on the drives not sounding as open as the actual pedals. I tried a zen drive the other day and it had so much more depth to it than the one in the axe. I don't know know why the drive block don't sound as good because the amp sims certainly do.
thank god its not the other way around.

That's true I hadn't considered that, I use boogies mostly and they have a ton of gain. The only times i've used the drive blocks were in headphones with the amp sims.

Open is a good way to describe it, i've been puzzling about it for awhile. I've noticed it with other effects like chorus, but wonder if it's my headphones/tweaking.

Turn the mid to 1000hz and add .5 to 1db, makes it more musical.

I happened upon this idea the other night, but went back to the stock settings. What's really weird is you don't have to cut or boost, the frequency will have an effect anyways!

thank god its not the other way around.
To me the drives are more important since I don't use amp sims for live applications, so it's a real bummer. I always prefered drive box distortion over amp distortion anyway.

I have recently had good luck getting the Fulldrive 2 sound I remember by removing the mids at 780.4 hz -12db, changing the low cut to 963 and Hi cut to 498.9 hz (weird i know...im just using my ears and trying to ignore the science) clip type to 4558/diode, reduced slew limit to 2.53 (no idea what this does, but it felt better!) bias to -0.318. Now I am able to set mix (currently at 87.9) and drive (currently at 3.09) where I want it and it sounds good to me. I was running into a situation where I felt like the pedal overtook the amp and I was experimenting with mix...but never got there...when i dumped the mids, it seemed to respond more like I remember when using a Fulldrive 2 with my Suhr Badger. Interested to see what anyone else thinks. My full drive 2 was the blue, non mosfet version...always hated the mosfet version...even on the non mosfet side... There is still a little bit of compression missing I think...it seemed that there was some feedback loop or something that made the amp seem more compressed when the FD2 was kicked in...maybe that is part of what I am missing...but I am happier now with this formula...for today :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom