Tiny speaker suggestions for practicing?

Barmaleus

Experienced
Hi everyone!

Looking for a little speaker (grid-powered is ok) to rehearse with FM3 when I am not around the main PC/monitors.
Something that does not cost too much (maybe 200 EUR max) and sounds decent for it's size. Something like Yamaha THR10 or similar, maybe.

Any suggestions and real usage feedback?

Thanks!

Update:
Tried Bose SoundLink Mini II SE - decent sound, but the latency is too high. Returned.

Last edited:
I have the jbl lsr305p and I love them. But I'm not sure I would want to throw them in a bag. The above speakers do have a nice mesh over the speakers to protect them in transport.

Hi everyone!

Looking for a little speaker (grid-powered is ok) to rehearse with FM3 when I am not around the main PC/monitors.
Something that does not cost too much (maybe 200 EUR max) and sounds decent for it's size. Something like Yamaha THR10 or similar, maybe.

Any suggestions and real usage feedback?

Thanks!

Every time I plug into a bluetooth speaker it sounds like an AM radio... I prefer headphones. Larry Mitchell swears by this little JBL, but I bet he can make anything sound good

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/small-portable-cheap-speaker.167896/post-2016858

Thanks guys!

Some extra info - definitely not into wireless speakers. Also, monitor-type like JBL 305 seem too much.

Does anyone know if there are decent tiny stereo speakers, maybe horizontal "type"?

That behringer looks pretty interesting especially at that price! They are probably the same product in 2 different packages. similar to ALTO TS312 and Headrush 112.

Devin Townsend showed me this and then I bought one for myself. It works great for dressing room style practice and is surprisingly loud.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...w.ds#v=soundlink_mini_ii_special_triple_black
Bose can get a bad rap but I've had some great luck with some of their products. I shot out a bunch of small wireless bluetooth speakers for sale and the Bose was balanced and musical for the price and size factor. I use that thing all the time and everywhere

I use a Blackstar FLY3 for that exact purpose. Can run on batteries but I got a cheap AC adapter as well. Doesn't sound as good as my monitors or my 1x12 + Quilter but it's pretty decent and portable.

I just tried my little bluetooth speakers aux in. It wasn't very loud before getting speaker distortion (mine is probably 4 or 5 years old and in poor shape) but it sounded pretty good. Better than playing into my microcube s aux in. I'm sure if I had a bit better speaker things would have held together for louder playing.

Back
Top Bottom