Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

many people were considering using an FC12 (or 6) for their main guitar sounds, then a 6 for looper or other special effect controls.

How customizable will the FC6/12 be, if known ? Can it be configured to do things like 6 switches for scenes or channels, and then the other 6 for looper, specific effects on/off ? This would all be on a per patch basis as well from what I thought I read ? So you could do something like have controls for a looper on one preset and then on a different preset you could have those same switches change to a different purpose ?

On the MFC101 everything was rather static, so you needed a lot of switches because they always did the same thing... but, if the switches can dynamically change preset to preset that could let me do a lot more with fewer switches.

I might actually consider a 6 depending on how much it can do, like have 6 scene switches on the fly, then press and hold to go into IA type settings, or press and hold to bring up looper controls etc.

Can you be more specific with this
So if I want the window to be black
W blue text or green text is that doable ???
More or less, yes. I’m not certain a black background is possible.

Edit: scribble strips can be black on white, or white on black.

Last edited:
How customizable will the FC6/12 be, if known ? Can it be configured to do things like 6 switches for scenes or channels, and then the other 6 for looper, specific effects on/off ? This would all be on a per patch basis as well from what I thought I read ?....

I'm curious as well about this. I'm assuming most is this is true due to the price point. I'm sure that as of now this is in a constant state of flux, but would like to hear more about what you can do here.

I had planned on the FC12, but depending on functionality, if it's highly programmable I may go with the 6.

Seems like two FC-6’s would add $300 cost and an extra power supply requirement while just offering the same number of switches as the FC-12. How come you want to go for two FC-6’s ?
I wanted to sort of split my board, and also have the option to just use 1 FC-6 for smaller gigs.

My original idea was 1 FC-12 and 1 FC-6... But with the listed prices, I won't be doing that. Most likely just end up with 1 FC-12 now...

How customizable will the FC6/12 be, if known ? Can it be configured to do things like 6 switches for scenes or channels, and then the other 6 for looper, specific effects on/off ? This would all be on a per patch basis as well from what I thought I read ? So you could do something like have controls for a looper on one preset and then on a different preset you could have those same switches change to a different purpose ?

On the MFC101 everything was rather static, so you needed a lot of switches because they always did the same thing... but, if the switches can dynamically change preset to preset that could let me do a lot more with fewer switches.

I might actually consider a 6 depending on how much it can do, like have 6 scene switches on the fly, then press and hold to go into IA type settings, or press and hold to bring up looper controls etc.
From the bottom of the Axe Fx III announcement page:

Each FC controller can have up to 12 different “layouts” with each layout featuring your choice of control functions. Default factory layouts are provided to get up and running quickly while advanced users can program their own custom layouts to fit their individual performance needs.

A layout can contain any combination of functions including Preset, Scene, Channel, Effect Bypass, and more. Each switch can also perform multiple tasks with functions assignable to both TAP and HOLD. Need more switches? Up to four FC series foot controllers can be daisy-chained for up to 48 switches at once!

I wanted to sort of split my board, and also have the option to just use 1 FC-6 for smaller gigs.

My original idea was 1 FC-12 and 1 FC-6... But with the listed prices, I won't be doing that. Most likely just end up with 1 FC-12 now...

My thoughts exactly.

I'm thinking I need to get out of Axe II/MFC mindset, and consolidate. I would like a FC12, but will have to see what advantages it offers based off of what I want to do, the Axe III, and what I CAN do in a small footprint.

I think I’m getting a handle on it.

The way it works is you create layouts. I think you can have 12.

For each layout you can decide what each of the 6/12 footswitches do when you press and press+hold. IOW, every switch has two functions.

The things you can do are broken up into some basic categories - bank, preset, effect, scene, utility, and layout. Within those there choices like direct selecting something, incrementing, toggling thing

So you can create a layout that is your way to navigate banks and patches and takes you to a couple different layouts.

It certainly seems pretty darn powerful.

I think I’m getting a handle on it.

The way it works is you create layouts. I think you can have 12.

For each layout you can decide what each of the 6/12 footswitches do when you press and press+hold. IOW, every switch has two functions.

The things you can do are broken up into some basic categories - bank, preset, effect, scene, utility, and layout. Within those there choices like direct selecting something, incrementing, toggling thing

So you can create a layout that is your way to navigate banks and patches and takes you to a couple different layouts.

It certainly seems pretty darn powerful.
Are those layouts per-preset? Are they saved within a preset? Or do you have 12 global layouts, any of which can be assigned to a preset?

Bummed about the price though. I though that Cliff hinted that the FC-6 was going to be about $350?

This is great news. Knowing that the unit is allready at beta testers is awsome. Price is more than fair and actually a bit lower than i expected.
I am really looking forward to this.

FractalAudioAdministratorFractal Audio SystemsModerator

Uh, that was a joke guys. I have no idea what the prices are going to be yet however something around $350 for the FC-6 might be possible. Those little LCDs aren't cheap.

Was hoping closer to this!

FC6-2.jpeg

So we can make it into a kinda FC10 with four additional switches? Just add two Boss FC6es or something like that? Rather cool I'd say... Not to mention FOUR expression pedals. My imagination is the limit...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole
Am I the only one with sticker shock. $700 of the cost of the Axe Fx III is pretty steep. And did I read this right that it’s basically a pasthrough from the Axe?

Sticker shock for me too!! I thought they said the processing was in the III and the FC/6 & 12 were dummy controllers or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom