1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to move on...

Discussion in 'Ultra/Std Discussion' started by milleniumking, Aug 26, 2018.

1. milleniumking

milleniumking
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Hi all, i am finally moving on from my ultra to an Axe fx ii! I recently sold my ultra and used the cash to buy an evh 50w and matching cab. Which i got for an incredible deal. I then sold it (with profit!) and tomorrow I am picking up my axe ii! I have been bitten by the axe fx bug and tube amps dont do it for me anymore. Especially the weight and maintenance. Tubes are expensive! I will still try to help on this discussion forum with the ultra if i can. I used the crap out of that awesome machine!

2. ML SOUND LAB

ML SOUND LAB
    Expand Collapse
    Cab Pack Wizard

That's a big upgrade in tone! Be ready for it. :)

milleniumking likes this.
  3. milleniumking

milleniumking
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Cant wait!!! I need to buy another frfr speaker. Thinking the Mackie 12” thumps.

ML SOUND LAB likes this.
  4. milleniumking

milleniumking
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

It is here! Axe fx ii!!!

Walter B and Andy G like this.
  5. rkbrock

rkbrock
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Congrats on the updates! Sounds like your social callender just filled up lol.

So, hows the lll doing? What differences do you notice coming from the ultra?

6. milleniumking

milleniumking
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Actually I got the 2. Wish I got the iii! Hahah. I bought an Alto Ts312 to go with it but I just cant get a good tone for my 7 string. Im going to get a cab and power amp and try that route as well to see if its me or the Alto. So far I have noticed:

- way more amps and cabs! Wow, its also super easy to add more IR’s and such.

- no more midi to use axe edit! Usb is so much easier.

- Amps sound so much more alive, again except for the patches I made for the 7 strings... hahah

So far Im in love with it and I think it was a good upgrade especially for the price I got it for. The Ultra was very nice and did what it did but this thing is a big jump in a great direction.

I think to get all out if it, I will need to invest in a very expensive frfr speaker. The Alto cant handle this thing well. However I was on a bit of a budget after buying the ii so its a good start for now.

7. Jeff Greene

Jeff Greene
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Just my two cents, when you're ready to upgrade from the Alto, I really recommend the QSC KW 122. I used that with the II and now the III and absolutely love it.

8. milleniumking

milleniumking
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I would love to get that speaker, however it is pretty expensive! hahah

9. Jeff Greene

Jeff Greene
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Haha! Yeah, it is a little up there, but totally worth it in my opinion. The new K12.2 is a little more cost effective, but I have not heard it so can't comment on the sound yet.