Time to move on...

milleniumking

Inspired
Hi all, i am finally moving on from my ultra to an Axe fx ii! I recently sold my ultra and used the cash to buy an evh 50w and matching cab. Which i got for an incredible deal. I then sold it (with profit!) and tomorrow I am picking up my axe ii! I have been bitten by the axe fx bug and tube amps dont do it for me anymore. Especially the weight and maintenance. Tubes are expensive! I will still try to help on this discussion forum with the ultra if i can. I used the crap out of that awesome machine!

Congrats on the updates! Sounds like your social callender just filled up lol.

So, hows the lll doing? What differences do you notice coming from the ultra?

Congrats on the updates! Sounds like your social callender just filled up lol.

So, hows the lll doing? What differences do you notice coming from the ultra?

Actually I got the 2. Wish I got the iii! Hahah. I bought an Alto Ts312 to go with it but I just cant get a good tone for my 7 string. Im going to get a cab and power amp and try that route as well to see if its me or the Alto. So far I have noticed:

- way more amps and cabs! Wow, its also super easy to add more IR’s and such.

- no more midi to use axe edit! Usb is so much easier.

- Amps sound so much more alive, again except for the patches I made for the 7 strings... hahah

So far Im in love with it and I think it was a good upgrade especially for the price I got it for. The Ultra was very nice and did what it did but this thing is a big jump in a great direction.

I think to get all out if it, I will need to invest in a very expensive frfr speaker. The Alto cant handle this thing well. However I was on a bit of a budget after buying the ii so its a good start for now.

Haha! Yeah, it is a little up there, but totally worth it in my opinion. The new K12.2 is a little more cost effective, but I have not heard it so can't comment on the sound yet.

I have the older versions of both, the K12 and the HPR112i. Compared to the K12, the 122i sounds cleaner, whereas the K12 sounds a little muffled compared to the 122i. My bandmates even would notice a difference when I would switch between them. They K12 may still be great, but we got spoiled with the 122i. Also, I cannot comment on the new models, so take these impressions with a grain of salt.

Oh, and congrats on the Axe-Fx II!

Back
Top Bottom