Time to go play with my new pair of Yamaha DXR12 cabs!

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I'm a sucker for good deals and couldn't pass up the deal I got from my local Guitar Center on a new pair of Yamaha DXR12 powered cabs and speaker stands. FYI Yamaha has rebates for their DXR cabs I think until the end of the month. Total price after rebate was under $1090!!! I got them 3 days ago but haven't had a chance to play with them bc I had to clean and organize my jam room to make room for my new toys. I need a shirt that says "Am I too loud enough yet!?" :)

Is it me or do these cabs really spread out the sound? I'm so used to having to stand in a limited space to hear the sweet spot but I was walking around my jam room trying to find it but there really wasn't one bc everything sounded good no matter where I stood or at different angles. I can't wait to test these out with my drummer tomorrow and then full band on Thursday. The only thing I may need to tweak is lower the high end a dB or 3 in the Global EQ

Agreed, since they are FRFR, they have less of a beam than regular geetar cabs. They are also quite loud.

You really got a good price on those, well done!

Back
Top Bottom