Time for show and tell. Only Clean to Mid gain tones. No GUG GUCK please

maxolla

Inspired
So I've been messing around with this thing for about a month. Haven't found the right monitoring system but I'm hopeful. I've got the Matrix gt1000fx and the Q12 is on its way. If those two pieces don't do the trick then the AXE FX will change categories from live sound piece to recording and fx piece. Great unit to be sure. Here is a scratch track of some clean sounds with all the Cheesyness of a stock drum loop from reason and a lot of....well take a listen. Post me some of your favorite clean to mid gain sounds for all to check out.

just had to do a very quick demo before i go out tonight - this is the Buttery amp into 2x12 black and 4x12 uber v30 (U87 on both) - so ridiculously dynamic. sounds great on all pickup positions, but only did position 4 here...just to give you an idea. sounds magnificent live, at volume...

drive 8
bass 2
mid 5.5
treb 6.7
hi cut 3.5
master 5

everything else default :)

a touch of compression before the amp

the first lead tone is very nice...very steely dan... :)
I'm gonna rip your stuff and play lead over it. I love it.

only meant as a compliment. I'm not into thievery but with my headphones on "anything goes".

Thank you all for your compliments guys. Now whip it whip it good and bring some more tones to the thread.

Last edited:
What cabinet are you using if I may ask, and what mic simulation?

Shiva Clean with German cab and no no sim or UA87. I'm not sure because I've dialed this tone so many different direction I'm not sure which way is up at the moment. The one thing I hate about the AXE FX. TO MANY OPTIONS!!! AAAAAHHHHH!

So I've been messing around with this thing for about a month. Haven't found the right monitoring system but I'm hopeful. I've got the Matrix gt1000fx and the Q12 is on its way. If those two pieces don't do the trick then the AXE FX will change categories from live sound piece to recording and fx piece. Great unit to be sure. Here is a scratch track of some clean sounds with all the Cheesyness of a stock drum loop from reason and a lot of....well take a listen. Post me some of your favorite clean to mid gain sounds for all to check out.

You had me clicking "like" 8 seconds in.

Yeah, very nice all round. I can see why people aren't exclaiming about those other lead tones. They wail, but they are a little....mmmm....bright.

Back
Top Bottom