Throw out 'cher clean tones!

I mean, show them. I'm always amazed with the bridge pickup tones that people are getting vis 80s-style onward. My attempts in that always sound twangy and gamey.

Then again, I tend toward a mix of older jazz and modern, an emphasis on neck pickup use, resulting in a very warm tone where the attack, even when digging in, seems to me very nylon string-like. (I'm not being humble, but rather including a disclaimer here, when I say my playing is not the strong point in my clips - but that is good enough to show the sound I'm enjoying.)

Please, show your clean tones.

I will be the first to admit that Im horrible at making a bridge pickup sound good clean. I just am missing a piece of the puzzle.
If someone who is knowledgeable about this, Im all ears/eyes. :shock
Thanks in advance. :)

Nice tone and playing - it's the obvious slow attack of the AFX's noise gate that makes it sound less than stellar. I personally believe the Noise Gate is the weakest feature of the AFX II... Even my Boss GT-6 has better/smoother noise reduction.

Not strictly neck pickup - this is both my pickups on my 50's style Telecaster together in an 'out of phase' config which I like. Through a clean patch on the Axe-II that I dialed in while playing with the Rotary block...

Nice tone and playing - it's the obvious slow attack of the AFX's noise gate that makes it sound less than stellar. I personally believe the Noise Gate is the weakest feature of the AFX II... Even my Boss GT-6 has better/smoother noise reduction.

I see what you mean. There is a slight clipping in the high range with my settings. Regardless, thanks, but mostly it's my playing, as you can hear below.

Not strictly neck pickup - this is both my pickups on my 50's style Telecaster together in an 'out of phase' config which I like. Through a clean patch on the Axe-II that I dialed in while playing with the Rotary block...

Nice. Sounds very glass bottle-y. That first part sounds a lot lilke an Earl Thomas Conley tune, Angel in Disguise.

Actually, turns out my clean tone works for both pickups.

And for those liking a brighter tone (bright switch on) :

Last edited:
I don't use pure clean tones very much, but this is a demo of a preset I've been working on recently. Not 100% happy yet, but it's getting there.

AC30 TB 2x12" Blue, with a little delay and reverb, that's it. Guitar is a squier classic vibe strat.

Haven't sorted out my recording stuff after laptop crash few weeks ago. Anyway, here is what I am working on. Think Luke in the studio during the 80s, fat with chorus, delay and compression.

Still work to do but here goes

View attachment 12794

I don't use pure clean tones very much, but this is a demo of a preset I've been working on recently. Not 100% happy yet, but it's getting there.

AC30 TB 2x12" Blue, with a little delay and reverb, that's it. Guitar is a squier classic vibe strat.

Niice. You can hear the spunk of the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom