Thrash IIC+ 5.04b recording...

I recorded two other tracks with the MKIV for comparison, but the mids were scooped a bit too much. This made them sound too different IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shotgunn, that's good, it is cryin' out for brutal vocals. Could be thrash vocals, black metal vocals [shrieking] or death metal vocals [guttural], or a combination! Sounds old skool and aggressive, yeeeessss!

There's no school like the old school. Too bad they have a vocal plugin for people who don't sing. I have another song I've been recording. I will probably attempt to track vocals. Scary...

This is a million miles from anything I would play or typically listen to, but that's a seriously ballsy guitar sound. I'm glad you found what you were looking for. That's the amazing thing about the Axe. So many flavors of great. Thanks for sharing.

Are you using custom IR's for this?

No. I'm pretty sure I used the German 4x12. For metal everything else just sounds wrong to my ear. I think I left a bit too much mids in there. I'm not a big mid scooper (anymore) but the MK series amps get pretty honky if you don't deal with the 750Hz region. I think I only cut 750Hz by like 3dB.

I should have to ask? patch please, you know we always want your patches my metal brutha.

I'll post it a bit later. I just jammed on my Axe II for a little bit. I'm really sick today. Strep throat sux!!! I haven't had it in 20years!

amox 875 bid x 10 days;

Yup. That's what I'm on. You'd think they would find some smaller pills for someone with Strep. I have no problem taking big pills, but with my throat all tore up its hard to swallow anything.

Back
Top Bottom