This will win the most stupid question of the day, L + R Output 1 Into Stereo Jack

Bojangles

Experienced
Situation,

1 of my bands have started to use a jamhub for quiet rehearsals

The jamhub takes a stereo jack, (TRS)

AxeFx output1 has 2 unbalanced outputs L + R (TS)

To convert that to a stereo jack all i need to do is buy a standard $2 Dual Mono to stereo converter

Something like this

200772_l.jpg

However, When i've tried this, the jamhub (no matter what channel in the jam hub), im only getting Left side unless i pull the plug half way out

Am i going insane, or am i having a brain fart

Last edited:
to go from out put one left and right from out put one the adapter needs to be like an 1/4" insert cable! to tr males to 1 trs male

Yep, the Simple dual mono to stereo converter should work ok. I've used a similar method with my Axe-Fx Standard (which has no headphone output by the way) to get a stereo input into the line in on my PC (stereo mini-jack), except that I used a combination of two leads for convenience. The first lead is a simple dual mono socket to stereo socket lead (so I could plug in my headphones when required), and the second lead is a long stereo jack to stereo jack lead which I plug into the first lead and then plug into the PC.
The problem you have described may well be a fault with the lead you have. I have experienced the same type of connectivity issue you have described but with one of my stereo socket leads. I only got full stereo when I part pulled out the jack plug from the socket, which turned out to be a duff lead.

Make sure you are plugging into a line in on the hub, not a mono guitar input.

Every instrument plug on the JamHub is stereo. NEVER plug a mono plug into the input! It can short out the left channel. The JamHub gives you adapters with the unit that convert stereo to mono. I know with my JH Greenroom I was given 2 of them.

I'm selling 2 remotes on ebay. Right now both of them are at 99 cents...lol. Probably won't end up there, but selling in the next three days. If you're looking to add some solemix remotes, this is a great deal (see Jim_4004).

Back
Top Bottom