This waiting is KILLING me...

webmaestro

According to UPS, my Axe Fx II is "Out for Delivery." I'm so anxious for this that I jumped through some hoops to be sure I was here and available for the delivery today. Was also hoping they'd deliver before my girlfriend gets home so I could spend some quality time with it, heh.

Like watching water boil, I'm going a little insane with this waiting. It's now almost 1pm and they still haven't delivered the dang thing. ARGH. Worse, I've seen at least 2 UPS trucks drive by...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole
That's hilarious man! That was me this past Monday. I even got the day off work. Got it delivered around 1:00PM.

What's your jam man? You live in the valley I see.

Wewt! It finally arrived.

View attachment 15036

Unfortunately, I got called into a last-minute phone meeting (after making my original post), and naturally the unit arrived 10 minutes into my meeting. I did manage to sneak away long enough to answer the door. Now, if this mind-numbing meeting would ever end...

Hey ALaz... yeah, up here in N. Scottsdale. Primarily a bedroom player nowadays--jamming, recording and whatnot. Haven't played live in years, just don't have much free time outside of work for practice, gigs, etc. I'd never rule it out though.

Last edited:
And then Webmaestro disappeared into his jam room and was not heard from again for days upon days...

Exactly right. I'm taking a quick break right now to throw some dinner down, then I'm getting right back to it. Blown away so far... and that's just going through the factory presets. I'll dig in soon and start creating my own tones. Squeeee...

Congrats from a fellow Arizonan. There are a lot of us here in AZ. Enjoy your new tool. Exciting times ahead for you.

I've had about 8 hours with the Axe-Fx II now. I won't detail how blown away I am so far, but a funny side note: this unit saved my pickups. About 6 months ago, I bought a POD HD Pro, and at the exact same time got my guitar back with new pickups (Crunch Lab 7 & Liquifire 7). I had come to the conclusion that I didn't like the pups, and was getting ready to swap and sell them.

Enter the Axe-Fx II. Suddenly, the pups sound great.

Wasn't my pickups at all, but instead my inability to dial in good sounds on the HD Pro (it was fine for rhythm tones, but I could NEVER get a satisfactory lead tone... especially with dual-cab phasing issues *facepalm*).

All those issues magically disappeared on Feb 21st :D

Day after tomorrow mine should be in hand...so, worth the wait, yes? And with FW10 right around the corner- its about to get real fun......!
Congrats

Definitely worth the wait, though I'd have rather not had to wait at all :D My Fractal t-shirt just arrived today btw, so now I can give FAS some free advertising.

While I waited I watched a buttload of video tutorials and read the manual. Hell, by the time it got there, I pretty much knew how to use it. I still have a lot to lean though with regards to more advanced settings and tone shaping. However, what I love about this unit is that I can just stick with the basic amp tweaking (drive, bass, mid, etc) for now and still get amazing tones. My next adventure is to try and tone match a good acoustic sound to use with my peizo-equipped Ibby.

Lasky, you owned a previous Axe version, correct? From what I've heard, owners of Standards and Ultras are pretty blown away by the II.

Lasky, you owned a previous Axe version, correct? From what I've heard, owners of Standards and Ultras are pretty blown away by the II.

Yes- I spent 2 years with an Ultra- and THAT was a great unit. I have been thinking about the II since it was announced- I literally bought the Ultra new about one month before the news....I was fairly ticked off about that, but it didnt make the ultra "sound bad..."
Ever since the Ultra was turned, I have been planning this purchase, and i have been researching YT vids, DLing the manuals and all other significant documents for months. This has been the longest week I have had in a long time-waiting- and a "tracking number lurker" warrant has been put out for my arrest by the courrier....
Tomorrow should be a lot of fun! Especially with all of the "stuff" the II has that wasnt in the Ultra...can not wait!!
we are hours away- maybe 8, maybe 16. Doesnt matter- it is still just mere "hours"!!!!

The delivery day of my Axe-Fx was one of the most nerve wracking days of my life! Off course I couldn't sleep from excitement the day before and I got up early as the UPS man could come as early as 9 in the morning... Waited all day, scared to listen to music as I wouldn't here the doorbell, walking around the appartement and checking out of the window, ... UPS delivers until 7 in the evening, my Axe arrived 5 minutes before 7. I played around with it, but I was just too damn tired to really enjoy it that day!

A gearhead is not rational at all! :p

UPS delivers until 7 in the evening, my Axe arrived 5 minutes before 7. I played around with it, but I was just too damn tired to really enjoy it that day!

Yeah- i already scheduled a "pick-up" at the warehouse to avoid the "waiting for the truck" senario...Its bad enough getting a restraining order against me from the tracking number, the neighborhood doesnt need to see "that crazy guy" running up and down the street looking for the effing truck....

The delivery day of my Axe-Fx was one of the most nerve wracking days of my life! Off course I couldn't sleep from excitement the day before and I got up early as the UPS man could come as early as 9 in the morning... Waited all day, scared to listen to music as I wouldn't here the doorbell, walking around the appartement and checking out of the window, ... UPS delivers until 7 in the evening, my Axe arrived 5 minutes before 7. I played around with it, but I was just too damn tired to really enjoy it that day!

This is hilarious to read, because it pretty much exactly describes my experience. I arranged to work-from-home day of the delivery, and then couldn't sleep the night before. THEN, I didn't listen to music all day (very difficult for me) so I wouldn't miss the knock. I was also paranoid that UPS would damage it--as they've done with other packages of mine. Thank god they were kind this time.

Lasky has the right idea though--go pick it up at UPS. I kinda wish I'd thought of that!

Oh, and another Arizonan... in my neck of the woods even. Howdy Syrix *wave*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom