Third gig with the AX8. Awesome!

GuitarDojo said:
Gonna have to get me one of these.
+1
when the ax8 was first announced, i'd never considered getting one since i'm perfectly happy with my axe fx 2.
not so sure i am able to resist the temptation at the moment...

Every now and then I skip around the forum to see if there is any news about the AX8 being released yet. ( as I am on the waitlist )
Everytime I read the title of this thread , I feel like the main character in a story that begins like this...........

One autumn day, to escape his wife's nagging, Rip Van Winkle wanders up the mountains with his dog,.......

I'm like "oh shit , I must have missed it. This guy's had 3 gigs with one already !"
.......Thanks for posting your experiences so far !

Larry,

Good feedback. I hope you get to play Memphis someday.

Question...do you know if it is possible to share presets with the Axe 2 and the AX8?

I hope I just have to program one unit for my main patches since I will keep my Axe 2 installed permanently in tube studio.

Question...do you know if it is possible to share presets with the Axe 2 and the AX8?
i know i'm not Larry, but from what we've been told on the forum, sharing presets between devices will not be possible. you can share blocks, but that requires you have both devices so you can run both editors. i've been toying around with the idea of creating a service to help transfer people's presets for them for a fee, but it'd only be non-XL Axe's and whenever i could get my hands on an AX8 in the future.

Larry,

Good feedback. I hope you get to play Memphis someday.

I hope I just have to program one unit for my main patches since I will keep my Axe 2 installed permanently in tube studio.
Afraid not, you can copy blocks but you can not copy presets from the axe fx to the Ax8

Every now and then I skip around the forum to see if there is any news about the AX8 being released yet. ( as I am on the waitlist )
Everytime I read the title of this thread , I feel like the main character in a story that begins like this...........

One autumn day, to escape his wife's nagging, Rip Van Winkle wanders up the mountains with his dog,.......

I'm like "oh shit , I must have missed it. This guy's had 3 gigs with one already !"
.......Thanks for posting your experiences so far !
That's was 3 gigs in 4 days though. And trying to learn it test it and create for it. :0)

That's was 3 gigs in 4 days though. And trying to learn it test it and create for it. :0)

Wow. For me , 3 gigs would span longer than 4 days !
Thanks again for posting your experiences.

Quick question : from what I understand, each effect or amp block has an A/B , that you can alternate , at each block , with a footswitch , within each preset ?

So for example , 2 different amps available at 1 block. Fender clean ( click ) Marshall driven ,
or Marshall set clean ( click ) Marshall set fully distorted - - all in one preset.
OR,
... as I'd like to do as well , 2 different delay settings at 1 delay block. A short repeat , less effected rhythm setting (click) longer , more effected solo setting /bridge setting , etc.

Have I got this right ? Or am I making no sense ?

Wow. For me , 3 gigs would span longer than 4 days !
Thanks again for posting your experiences.

Quick question : from what I understand, each effect or amp block has an A/B , that you can alternate , at each block , with a footswitch , within each preset ?

So for example , 2 different amps available at 1 block. Fender clean ( click ) Marshall driven ,
or Marshall set clean ( click ) Marshall set fully distorted - - all in one preset.
OR,
... as I'd like to do as well , 2 different delay settings at 1 delay block. A short repeat , less effected rhythm setting (click) longer , more effected solo setting /bridge setting , etc.

Have I got this right ? Or am I making no sense ?
Yes. It's called XY. Watch this video to learn all about it: http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/10/p...e-axe-fx-ii-in-depth-1-hour-premium-tutorial/

Yep you got it right. Chris is dead on it too if you need to catch up on the way fractal audio devices work. I'd check out his page and the wiki. I've done a video called one patch where I go through the varied sounds you can get with one patch (avoiding patch change will avoid any kind of drop outs in sound when changing sounds. Forum member here Yek has a great video as well. I'll do one very soon with the AX8 :0)

Yep you got it right. Chris is dead on it too if you need to catch up on the way fractal audio devices work. I'd check out his page and the wiki. I've done a video called one patch where I go through the varied sounds you can get with one patch (avoiding patch change will avoid any kind of drop outs in sound when changing sounds. Forum member here Yek has a great video as well. I'll do one very soon with the AX8 :0)

Excellent ! Thank you very much !
I'm using an Atomic Amplifire currently , and I'm getting some very usable tones from it. I'm looking forward to getting even greater tones from the AX8 , along with much greater flexibility !

Hi Alandalton,
For all gigs I go direct. Most stages I monitor through the house monitors. So,e times I bring my own monitors when I doing gigs with my trio and driving around the country in a van. I'll bring either the tech 21's or the trace Elliott acoustic amp. Depending on space. But the audience almost never hears those. Just me. :0). Helps me get that slight feedback ringing thing too. :0)

Sunday I had time to work on some more presets. This time with the help of the AX8 Edit program. Hmm very helpful indeed. .
Hey Larry.....Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share so much info w/ us all. :cool:

I'm new to all the Fractal & just picked up the Axe Fx II XL+ & it's blowing my mind right now.

The Axe-Edit is a powerful tool & you say it works w/ the AX8 then? Again, awesome!

Can you still choose the high resolution Reverbs on the AX8? Or.....does that eat up way too much processing power so it's not an option?

Peace! X-Mann

Last edited:
Larry, do you find that however you've got patches eq'd for your home mons, when you use the Tech 21s, you don't have to tweak it. Ie, same settings? Thanks.

jon

Hi Alandalton,
For all gigs I go direct. Most stages I monitor through the house monitors. So,e times I bring my own monitors when I doing gigs with my trio and driving around the country in a van. I'll bring either the tech 21's or the trace Elliott acoustic amp. Depending on space. But the audience almost never hears those. Just me. :0). Helps me get that slight feedback ringing thing too. :0)

Thanks again Larry.

Blues doc,

Hmm. I tweak for FOH, I used the monitor (EVs or tech 21 power engines or the trace Elliot for my personal monitoring. I don't really tweak tones for that as that would Mesa up the front of hours mix. :0)

X-Mann

Axe edit won't work for the AX8 but there is a separate editor called AX8 Edit that does. It looks just like axe edit and FX 8 edit. :0)

Yes you have the option of selecting the HD verbs but they take up a whole lot for CPU power. :0)1

Hope that helps
Larry

Back
Top Bottom