Third gig with the AX8. Awesome!

X-Mann

Axe edit won't work for the AX8 but there is a separate editor called AX8 Edit that does. It looks just like axe edit and FX 8 edit. :0)

Yes you have the option of selecting the HD verbs but they take up a whole lot for CPU power. :0)1

Hope that helps
Larry
I find that very interesting & thanks for the info!

Do you normally use the HD reverbs on the Axe-Fx II? & if so, do you miss them in your AX8 patches at all?

X

Do you normally use the HD reverbs on the Axe-Fx II? & if so, do you miss them in your AX8 patches at all?

I know that was a question for Larry, but I have an FX8 and an Axe-Fx... there's a parameter called echo density that makes a huge difference in CPU on the reverb. I don't have golden ears, but I don't miss the CPU hungry settings at all.. still sounds great.

I know that was a question for Larry, but I have an FX8 and an Axe-Fx... there's a parameter called echo density that makes a huge difference in CPU on the reverb. I don't have golden ears, but I don't miss the CPU hungry settings at all.. still sounds great.
Thx Rob, this really helps!

I love that they give you a choice & I still can't get over the Reverb quality!

Peace! X

Nope I think on my XL I have one patch that uses HD verb and that's the only effect in that patch. It's nice in the studio though. :0)

Hi Alandalton,
For all gigs I go direct. Most stages I monitor through the house monitors. So,e times I bring my own monitors when I doing gigs with my trio and driving around the country in a van. I'll bring either the tech 21's or the trace Elliott acoustic amp. Depending on space. But the audience almost never hears those. Just me. :0). Helps me get that slight feedback ringing thing too. :0)

How is the Trace acoustic amp as a monitor?

Hi Alandalton,
For all gigs I go direct. Most stages I monitor through the house monitors. So,e times I bring my own monitors when I doing gigs with my trio and driving around the country in a van. I'll bring either the tech 21's or the trace Elliott acoustic amp. Depending on space. But the audience almost never hears those. Just me. :0). Helps me get that slight feedback ringing thing too. :0)
I've been using the tech 21 PE60 with my Ultra since 2007 the same way, Larry. It's basically my personal guitar monitor, and the Ultra goes FOH.

For me the trace works as well as any frfr speak its 200 watts easy to carry and sound full.i use it when travel with my trio in a van and we have small stages and when I know I'll be playing my acoustic as well. I go in to the effects returns all the time though.
The power engines work great too but more guitar amp like. I use them when I have plenty of stage room and it's nice to spread out the stereo imagine .i don't take them when I have to play my acoustic as well. They do tend be more electric guitar amp ish. And that's great but not for every thing for me.

Back
Top Bottom