Thinking out load, Using tone match block but also want clean channel

fromthebark

Experienced
Sorry I wrote a novel - Just checking if anyone has any more creative/easier ideas (so far i have change scenes, and a bypass idea)

I haven't even tried it yet but maybe a clean amp will sound unbelievable through this particular tone match block, it's a marshall 412 w. greenbacks (can't really go wrong), but I'm usually a 2x12 guy when I clean up..

So, since tonematch doesnt have X/Y (I'm an X/Y guy, I rarely use scenes.. if I do it's for ONE of our songs that needs to goto clean channel, have delay reverb pitch and multiverb all hit at the same time. That is rare though.

So say I put a lone pedal into the "PEDAL" jack on the back for this particular function.. Which I will often do if I have a reverb pedal in the FX Loop, It's a Roland EV-5 expression pedal, but toe up, turns on, heel down, turns off. So What do I care. It works. I just might have to change the modifier slope a little. Anyway. When I step on the pedal it will change to scene 2, and go from X to Y amp, and turn off the tone match block and turn on the cab block. But if I hit the pedal again, it won't go back to scene 1.... it's only function will be to turn on scene 2. So that's out. (by the way, All 8 pedals on by FCB1010 are being used and I use them ALL, in most of our songs.. Plus I just realized the drive block has x/y also, which I never even thought of using before until I started brainstorming this particular test of my sanity and patience. I was always jealous of XLII owners for having 4 drives. I have 4 drives too.. DUH)

I'm just not a scene guy, I am used to pedal hopping all my life, why make life easier for myself? i don't know. Oh, there is the fact that I'm broke and am using the FCB1010 with EurekaProm installed.. love it, works just as good as pedals 5 times it's price, AND has two expression pedals. But in this situation, If I use the pedal to do those two functions, and I don't have to press up twice to change to Pr (presets), step on 2, then Press Down twice to get back to Ef... (effects). I will just set this pedal to do those functions in I.O

The pedal could just as easily turn off Amp1 and Tone Match, and Turn on Amp 2 and Cab 1, which I'd run parallel underneath them. - this might be my only option, since One pedal cannot both turn on scene 1 and scene 2, and switch between them, or can it? Smart people, can I toggle between scenes with one single pedal?

Unless the much smarter savvy people here can think of a better idea? I am gonna see what my usual go-to's for cleans (swart, supro, ac-20, all w/ a little breakup) sound with the tonematch for the hell of it, only if to save CPU for more effects. Then I just have an amp block to change. Fingers crossed.
Forgive me if I forgot the Obvious answer for this.. and I am the laughing stock of the forum for a few days.

Yours Truly,
Christopher W.

----- UNRELATED CRAP FOLLOWING:---------

BTW just made this tone match for a Friedman BE into a marshall with greenbacks, It is gorgeous with my Tele (w. a lil 59) - check it http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5705
Propagandhi just released ANOTHER single that has isolated guitar into AGAIN. It sounds a bit different, might be a different amp, I'll ask the dude, and make yet another tone match. Coffee. I need coffee.

couldn't be bothered to read the whole post. just export the tonematch to a user cab slot and then you can load it into a cab block, use XY, use two cab blocks, whatever you want

As Simeon said, either export the tonematch to a cab block and use X/Y, or just use scenes to bypass the tonematch. Scenes are incredibly powerful and save a lot of toe tapping, especially if you're moving between drastically different sounds. It also adds more possibilities for your foot controller, as instead of each button being tied to a specific effect, each button will be a scene that will differ depending on the patch. The downside is you have to memorize your patches very thoroughly to remember which scene does what (I have little 1-2 letter abbreviations I add to my patch names to help out).

i had no time for grammar when I wrote that. I think i took like way too much adderall.. Anyway. I did not know that you could export tonematch to a cab block. This changes everything. I will not ask how to do it, as not to be lambasted by everyone.. I will use the search as I myself have told people to do in the past. Oh, typing on my phone, i have no use for fixing apostrophes.
THANK YOU FOR GETTING MY HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS. tonematch is something i'm about 59% familiar with. I'll go learn the rest.

Exporting is super easy. It's been a while since I've done it, but there's either a tab for it in the Tonematch block ,or it's an option under one of the tabs. Click it, choose which user spot you want to save it to and name it and you're good to go!

Back
Top Bottom