Thinking of selling a guitar domain name and need opinions of value.

mwd

Power User
I have had a top level domain name for 15 years that relates to guitars.

thefretboard.com

I bought it years ago for a forum for my best friends website as he was a luthier. It provided a place to discuss guitar care, tips, etc. Much like we do here on the Fractal site.

He passed in 2005 and I have let it lay dormant for a decade. I would 'possibly' like to sell it to someone to use for musical purpose for a guitar tech board, forum, secondary redirect, etc.

I have a feeling that it holds a value but I just don't know what that ballpark value is.

Any ideas of a market value for this and the best way to go about selling it?

... hehe...
passive aggressive method to convince Cliff to finally create a modelling guitar and market it under the name "The Fretboard"...?

... hehe...
passive aggressive method to convince Cliff to finally create a modelling guitar and market it under the name "The Fretboard"...?

I LIKE IT....lol. Actually, most of my domain buying was 10 to 15 years ago so I wound up with some pretty simple top level domains. So now I'm kind of in a 'get rid of stuff collecting virtual dust'... mode.

Thank you gentlemen. Keep it coming in you have any more thoughts on value or interest direction.

I LIKE IT....lol. Actually, most of my domain buying was 10 to 15 years ago so I wound up with some pretty simple top level domains. So now I'm kind of in a 'get rid of stuff collecting virtual dust'... mode.

Thank you gentlemen. Keep it coming in you have any more thoughts on value or interest direction.
Also, have a look if you can find a band with the name "fretboard". I'm pretty sure you'll find at least one. ;)

It's rule 35 of the internet: if it exists, there is a band that used it as a name.

Back
Top Bottom