There would be a huge market for someone to make an alternative for the MFC-101

+1 on the Lexicon R1. If someone would write a new chip that would speak bidirectionally with the axeII the way it does with the G2 and send cc w/ values, their price would shoot through the roof.

^^^YES! THIS!^^^^

We need to get whoever writes the Adrenalinn III control chips for the Beringer foot controller to look into this. The MPX-R1s are only going to get more and more rare because they're already an amazing piece of kit.

^^^YES! THIS!^^^^

We need to get whoever writes the Adrenalinn III control chips for the Beringer foot controller to look into this. The MPX-R1s are only going to get more and more rare because they're already an amazing piece of kit.

There's a reason there are so many aftermarket chips/mods for the FCB1010. It's cheap, ubiquitous, and sturdy. Doesn't make any financial sense to make an aftermarket chip for a unit as rare and fragile as the MPX-R1. Plus, I've never cracked one open. Is the chip actually easily replaceable?
-
Austin

... Is the chip actually easily replaceable?
-
Austin

Yes, I've replaced the chip inside my MPX-G2 to upgrade the Lexicon software. It was pretty easy and Lexicon even supplied a PDF and chip removal tool. Some people have had problems with sticky switches but mine has been rock solid for 15 years! I'd sell my G2 before I'd sell the R1

The foot controller is way over priced. I don't know what makes them so expensive, but if they were maybe 300 or 400 hundred, id buy one in a heart beat.

If you can find something cheaper well good luck. Just remember what fractal do> give us constant improvements for free, great tips and advise. They are a company after all trying to make money, pay employees etc, develop new products. We don't want to sound like a bunch of whingers do we? I'd like the MFC-101 but cant afford it at the moment. If I was a serious gigging musician which I'm not anymore I'd get it in a heartbeat. Kudos to Cliff for absorbing the negativity and moving forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use a digital music corp original ground control into a behringer fcb 1010 uno using the merge function on the fcb 1010. I already had 2 expression pedals for the DMC ground control. So I paid about $140 (for the fcb with uno) to have 20 foot switches and 4 expression pedals. The DMC ground control I use to select presets and the behringer fcb I use for selecting scenes on the bottom 5 buttons and use the top 5 buttons for ia switches for looping, etc.. this seems to work well for me and was very cheap since I already had the original DMC ground control.

Last edited:
Then there's the RJM Music Mastermind GT MIDI foot controller. @ around $2000 for those who have deep pockets...
I have the MFC-101, it rocks and is perfect for my use.

I have the the mfc 101...its good but yes it is a little over priced.
And to be honest, for most of the musicians its an over kill...anyone who has basic 2-3 channel sound,
with some basic effects (wah, delay, phaser....) u dont need all these features and buttons.
Its more for people for complex presets, fx chains and for those who need to control many parameters live on the fly.
If i have a gig where i need to fly i just get my softstep and 2 expression pedals and can do most of what i need to do.

And....what can the rjm mastermind do more than liquid pro+...liquid pro + will be cheaper, wont be?
So imho rjm master is even more over priced and more of an overkill.

It seems that when you put yourselve on the waitinglist it's delivered in 3 weeks for "normal" price.
I don't have used the other options but I love the MFC together with my Axe. Seamless integration, enough expanding possibilities and continious upgrade by Fractal. It can only get better and better. Imagine when you can also program it via Axe edit in the future. Priceless!
For the difference of a few 100$ my choice is obvious. I choose the MFC. I hate too tweak around more than I have to.
Just my 2 cents. So no vote for me for a 2nd market with a cheaper board.

To me, the mfc101 is a bit overkill size wise. I've got the Goridus little giant 2, wich has a perfect size for small stages wich i usally play. Sadly, im just boneheaded enough to not understand how to set it up to function with the Axe-fx 2. So after 14 months my AF2 is still sitting in my home studio and im using a worn out noisy- stinky Line6 x3 for my digital direct rig. The L6 sound sucks, but it works somehow.
I allways end up just playing guitar when trying to set up the LG2. Because im simply a pro guitar player, and no programmer geek. I wish somebody with skills could fix a plug and play firmware for the LG2.
I think the Gordius Little G2 with a firmware that "spoke Axe-Fx" out of the box would be the perfect solution for us who want a smaller board with silent switches. :encouragement:

Totally untrue. You can do MORE with the LF+ series - even when driving an Axe II. And it's totally compatible and has an auto-program wizard that gets you up to speed quickly (but then you can go so much farther if you want to!). Sorry, but that's just the truth. You cannot imagine all of the crazy sh!t you can do with this thing - check out his videos on youtube, then speak. I was able to 'do scenes before there were scenes' with my LF+12+ before I sold it - the functionality allowed you to effectively do what a scene does - before there were scenes (within the limits of using the same delay block twice etc.). And it's got AN EDITOR!!! And it's a good editor at that - comprehensive, and immediately updated whenever he adds a new feature to the firmware. I haven't had mine long enough to know if it's a tank, but my old 1st gen LF Pro sure is. I've dropped it on concrete, done criminally stupid things to it, and it's never burped.

couldn't agree more. I'm sure there are other units that could get you 75% of the way there, but none that can do everything the MFC can, not to mention build quality, out of the box compatibility, etc.

find used liquidfoot pro... does anything I want and more... tons of features.

I'm selling my Liquid Foot Pro, if anyone is looking! Incredible foot controller, literally perfect condition. I unfortunately have to downsize / free up some cash.

I am also selling my Pro (NOT the LF+PRO+, just the LF Pro), which is far from mint, but works fine. And I'll sell it cheap! PM me if interested. $600.00 or Best Offer.

Back
Top Bottom