There are no Turkish recordings here and why

sahinderya

Well we could be living in a third world country
And we may have to pay nearly %40 more for a unit,but music and good gear makes us close
It is saddening to see we have to wait and wait and wait for units to come to this forsaken land
I had to work so hard for nearly six months just to get the money together for an xl unit
Im waiting for months to buy one because there are no units and we always left bottom of the waiting list

Do something please

Oh and you might ask why we dont buy online
Its because of all legal and customs limitations,permissions etc.
It is not possible to get one if you dont have importing licences or you have some form of company

Dude I feel for you. I've been to Turkey a few times and was warned before heading over there about anything that may be of any value better be declared or listed on a Beyanname or else I may not see it or even worse....if I didn't have everything that I came in with when I was trying to leave I'd be detained or fined.

I lived in Europe and worked for a global computer company starting as a tech. Every time I had to fly into Turkey with computer parts it was a MAJOR MAJOR problem getting them thru customs and in fact one time they wouldn't release them..

I never understood that.

I wish you luck, man.

Here i am also a Turkish Axe Fx II user chiming in. I know there are some folks from Turkey in this board, but since the world became so small with the internet, almost all guitarists are interested in guitar related music evolved through blues, jazz, rock, fusion, etc. If you want to see Turkish folk music recordings on this board, guitar is not the right instrument since our folk music includes two times the notes western music does (see the irregular fret spacings on a Turkish instrument such as baglama). Playing a fretless guitar is an option to address this issue, as world famous Turkish guitarists Erkan Oğur does. On the other hand, there are some very few players who can play Turkish music on a regular electric guitar like this guy:

Guitar's role in Turkish music and Axe FX's popularity around our country hopefully will be increased, give it some time ;) There are some monster players in my city (Ankara), who play huge pedalboards through heavy tube amps that don't even heard about Axe Fx yet. They are more into playing their instruments than exploring what new gear produced in front of their computer. No one see an Axe FX in a music store in the end. Also the price is an issue as you have mentioned, but i don't think it's too much different for someone who wants to buy an Axe FX in Greece, India, Thailand, Australia or New Zeland.

Cenk Eroglu, who played with Winger, has an Axe Fx Ultra. Not a II yet but after playing on mine I understand he's interested in getting one. Here's a video where we shared the stage (and the Axe II), on Reunion island :

Cenk's song start at 5:54

Here i am also a Turkish Axe Fx II user chiming in. I know there are some folks from Turkey in this board, but since the world became so small with the internet, almost all guitarists are interested in guitar related music evolved through blues, jazz, rock, fusion, etc. If you want to see Turkish folk music recordings on this board, guitar is not the right instrument since our folk music includes two times the notes western music does (see the irregular fret spacings on a Turkish instrument such as baglama). Playing a fretless guitar is an option to address this issue, as world famous Turkish guitarists Erkan Oğur does. On the other hand, there are some very few players who can play Turkish music on a regular electric guitar like this guy:

Guitar's role in Turkish music and Axe FX's popularity around our country hopefully will be increased, give it some time ;) There are some monster players in my city (Ankara), who play huge pedalboards through heavy tube amps that don't even heard about Axe Fx yet. They are more into playing their instruments than exploring what new gear produced in front of their computer. No one see an Axe FX in a music store in the end. Also the price is an issue as you have mentioned, but i don't think it's too much different for someone who wants to buy an Axe FX in Greece, India, Thailand, Australia or New Zeland.

the solo starting at 1:20 is INSANE!!!! :)

No one see an Axe FX in a music store in the end. Also the price is an issue as you have mentioned, but i don't think it's too much different for someone who wants to buy an Axe FX in Greece, India, Thailand, Australia or New Zeland.
…or Mauritius. Getting one here (price+postage) was almost three months of salary ; fortunately for me, the local customs thought that the price I paid for postage alone (around 300 $) was actually the price of the thing so I paid taxes on that only.

Well we could be living in a third world country
And we may have to pay nearly %40 more for a unit,but music and good gear makes us close
It is saddening to see we have to wait and wait and wait for units to come to this forsaken land
I had to work so hard for nearly six months just to get the money together for an xl unit
Im waiting for months to buy one because there are no units and we always left bottom of the waiting list

Do something please

Lots of negativity in what you said. Yes, do something. Be your own solution.

Oh and you might ask why we dont buy online
Its because of all legal and customs limitations,permissions etc.
It is not possible to get one if you dont have importing licences or you have some form of company

Well, there you go: start a company. You've identified the problem. Create the solution. Don't wait around for someone to do it for you.

Thank you for your kind attention but they are waiting with me for fractal to send units too. I dont have any problems with them.

Back
Top Bottom