TheAmpFactory..The Next Step!...

Greets!

Update: - the WAVS have all been prepared and that's all good 'n dandy!...would of been done sooner, had I not of come across the Cornell mixed with the hotcat IR mix .....and well history was in the making for me as I think its the single longest stint on guitar I have done in years....(paired with the carr amp) amazing actually. and that amp is a real good simulation of the real thing too....

Sorry, getting side tracked.

Ok, (not sure if you knew or not) but recently we switched to a new better/faster webserver, but this reset the database, so once we get a fix, everyone can opt in or out of the mail list for loyalty (for those that apply, naturally) - so the web-team are busy trying to get this all arranged..(ironic really, Im paying a fortune so You can get it cheaper), I guess I was no good at maths at school!..: )

Best thing to do, is to get my feeds from my facebook page, as that's where I'll post all the upcoming info. (as well as here of course)

facebook/theampfactory

Best to you all.
A

Greets!

Update: - the WAVS have all been prepared and that's all good 'n dandy!...would of been done sooner, had I not of come across the Cornell mixed with the hotcat IR mix .....and well history was in the making for me as I think its the single longest stint on guitar I have done in years....(paired with the carr amp) amazing actually. and that amp is a real good simulation of the real thing too....

Sorry, getting side tracked.

Ok, (not sure if you knew or not) but recently we switched to a new better/faster webserver, but this reset the database, so once we get a fix, everyone can opt in or out of the mail list for loyalty (for those that apply, naturally) - so the web-team are busy trying to get this all arranged..(ironic really, Im paying a fortune so You can get it cheaper), I guess I was no good at maths at school!..: )

Best thing to do, is to get my feeds from my facebook page, as that's where I'll post all the upcoming info. (as well as here of course)

facebook/theampfactory

Best to you all.
A

Money in hand. When can I buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail!

Not sure if folks have been following my facebook page, but Ive been posting up IR's there for testing, as with me, (as always) im being over anul about quality and "scope", I want to try the impossible, and so far succeeding with great results. - so Im drip feeding IRs to test.. (NOT in finished form, so the quality will be variable) but its the concepts im trying to get across.

Anyway,, a LOT of work has gone into this new pack.. and for low/med gain and Silky smooth cleans its really great!... so whats new?

Well you know from my first pack I included the Room IR's that were pretty much on par (length) with that of the UR tech.. - this was good for some and so so for others. so this got me thinking!.

Now that im releasing these as WAV files, im not restricted so much.. this is good and bad (more on that later)

The good.. well, means I can go as far as 8 feet away, and capture the room as a whole, and therefore I did!...the bad, is that the IR's are 500/750ms in length.. but these are "bonus" items.. (again more on this later, as I will explain how/where and WHY you need to use them)

For me, (as a recording/engineer/mixer/producer/tea boy) capturing guitar sounds in a rock n roll fashion is hugh.. and we know that what goes on in the studio is often magic and tons of experimentation. - Im doing all that here so you don't need too..I want to bring all the pieces fof the pie together so you can pick and choose depending on what part you are tracking/playing...

Example of this would be, for rhythm guitars you might not want direct mics. so I'd typically push them back in the mix by using a mic about 2 or 3 foot away (blended with a direct mic for clarity) - for lead work, well I like direct, but its not big enough, so I blend in large room values,up to 8 feet, or even rear mic+room1 _+room2+direct.. - then of course you can have fillers, so I could use just the rear and a room mic...all of this is studio play, but Ive captured all the elements, and already (started too) mix and EQ all the elements together in various ways so its simply pick and grab and go...you can use the direct mics in the axefx no problem. - then for additional room effects you can use a IR loader for example (MixIR) reamp, play, whatever.

So, all in all there is a massive selection, but all workable, and is NO WAY as daunting as you may think..and so far im absolute gobsmacked at some of the results (i.e A ODS100 Med amp paired with Celestion Custom (badcat) with Rear+Roomclose+RoomFar, and even better if you run in as stereo and pan the rooms L+R)..

Of course none of this applies to Live play, you can use the direct mics as normal for all that! (with a bit of room depending on your style of course)

Still with me?

Anyway.. facebook.com/theampfactory

Go check the sample,its a RAW capture, so nothing has been done, so you might need to trim/chop a bit of fat or whatever..(depending what amp you use it with) but that actuall IR set already sounds significantly better now Ive worked on it more. (again more on that later)

Have a good weekend folks!.. cya on the flip side!

Another update:

WE have finished the work to the servers now that enables us to sort the loyalty lists and what not.. - so if you can go over to the website and choose the mail subscription list you want, all will be good! :)

theampfactory.com/newsletter-sign-up/

Best
Andy

Greetings all.!

Ive just surfaced over a LONG session with many cabs, that I thought I'd start drumming up interest!. - There is lots to talk about, so here goes!.

Firstly the way Im doing them is the same as in the "Legends Pack" so, many different positions, + mix + Rooms, that part is the same, By popular request, to enable you to purchace them separately, this will happen, so expect to see them as "singles" on the website.. the added benefit to the "bundle" is that you get inter-cab-mixes that you wont otherwise. - The pricing will be low per each cab, and a discounted price if you get the entire collection. - Plus previous "Legends Owners" get a separate discount on top of that too. (more to come on that)

These cabs are the "smaller" variety, Since OwnHammer recently did the High Gain essentials, I therefore did the opposite.. this pack is aimed at studio cabs, Boutique flavors and more low to mid gain amps (i.e Badger's/BadCat/D-13 etc etc) aiming for a style of Jazz/Classic Rock/Rock/Country and blues.

So whats in the box? - well :-

-Badcat 1x12 (Custom Badcat speaker)
-Cornell 1x12 (Jenson loaded cab)
-Bogner 2x12 (Goldfinger – Emminence loaded)
-EvilRobot 1x12 (Custom speaker)
-Fargen 1x12 (Wearhouse Green beret speaker)
-Marshall JTM 1x12 (Custom Shop Special speaker T652)
-Redplate 1x12 (V30’s)
-Swart 1x12 (B52’s Speakers)
-2 Toneking Cabs 2x12’s & 1x12 (G12M & ToneKing custom speaker)
-TwoRock 2x12 (GH12)
-Zilla Cab (Custom cab, with Alinco Golds) - YAY!

AS always, I'll be offering one of the above for free so people can test out quality and see for themselves. - but there are some terrific stuff here to make the axe shine.

So whens it out? - well soon!. still need to go through zillion files and get a good package together!. so not yet. but soon! (not sure that qualifies as a fractal soon) but we will see : )

Hope your still enjoying Legends!

Best
Andy

Thank you Andy!

Cheers.

Any word on these? I'm looking forward to this release big time!

Well they are done, Im currently in testing with them now, iron out any problems, that sort of thing... and have been sent to the beta testers for testing..

Ive more of a problem on the overall package, how to display, make it easy to understand, because this is one big chunk of IR data, you don't just get the normal "direct" there is so much additional content... (I wont discuss this at this time)

But we are progressing well, while testing the IR's we are prepping the website for launch too. - So maybe a week, or poss 2!...

Its gonna be a great one folks!

(p.s) While im here, a special thanks to tyler!

Well they are done, Im currently in testing with them now, iron out any problems, that sort of thing... and have been sent to the beta testers for testing..

Ive more of a problem on the overall package, how to display, make it easy to understand, because this is one big chunk of IR data, you don't just get the normal "direct" there is so much additional content... (I wont discuss this at this time)

But we are progressing well, while testing the IR's we are prepping the website for launch too. - So maybe a week, or poss 2!...

Its gonna be a great one folks!

(p.s) While im here, a special thanks to tyler!

Cool, thanks for the update!

getting an error with the sample IR... 'selected IR is invalid' using CabLab when trying to convert WAV to SYX.

Can't wait for these new IRs to release! I love the fact that TheAmpFactory gives you prebuilt mixes for each cab so it's like having an engineer set up your Mics for you! I love the first set and these small cabs have me even more stoked!!!

Release date should be very soon right?

Back
Top Bottom