The Ultimate AX8 Test

Axe-Master
I did a fill in gig with my friend's band this weekend just gone. The singer/guitarist uses an AX8 as well so we had a great time vibing off each other and dialling in complemantary tones.

The most impressive thing I've seen the AX8 do so far was watching him spill an entire pint of beer (accidentally) over his AX8 at the start of a set. It was a real mess. The AX8 didn't skip a beat, it kept on working as per usual even as it marinated in it's beer bath and it worked fine for the rest of the show as well as the show the next night. That's the ultimate road test for a piece of gear IMO.

The plus side is we'll always be able to smell the difference between our AX8's now!

Man, I bet he was mortified when that happened! I was freaking out this weekend when people were getting too close with their drinks. Good to know that IF that were to happen, I might be safe!

Wasn't what I was expecting with the title. Lol

Yeah , you won't mistake his for yours now. Damn , stale beer is a smell that can be hard to shake !

I have found that for classic rock music a cold Miller Lite or Bud works best with my AX8.

But for indie and folk rock gigs, a fresh 8oz pour of a strong IPA or Sour works best - just below the display.

Why is this? Could it be adjusted with a firmware update?
:cool:

Great, next we'll have an emulation for mic being knocked into your face giving you a bloody lip. Can we have virtual chicken wire?

"New alcohol modelling algorithms provide a virtual drinking experience like no other Simulate beer goggles, a slight buzz or a total tequila blackout... Without the brain cell loss or hangover"

This would be the end of the world as we know it :eek:

Last edited:
"New alcohol modelling algorithms provide a virtual drinking experience like no other Simulate beer goggles, a slight buzz or a total tequila blackout... Without the brain cell loss or hangover"

Is it too early to start a wish list on the alcohol modeling version 2.0? Maybe dial back the bathroom visits?

Perhaps future firmware can allow beer modeling (a psychoacoustic parameter) access in the Enhancer Block. For now: If the venue doesn't allow beer: a cludge of a work around is a parallel chain with a slow LFO set to random modulating a ping pong delay. Plus some flange for the Tequila.

Back
Top Bottom