Wish The ugliest and filthiest and nastiest sounding fuzzes known to man

One suggestion is most fuzzes sound nastier boosted into a cranked power stage. Take an amp model, put the master volume on 10, and set the preamp fairly low so the sound is only lightly distorted. Then put a fuzz model in front of the amp, with its output maxed...

Some amps will totally freak out with blocking distortion, etc. Might be exactly the sound you're looking for. And with the Axe, you can get that sound reliably without roasting your tubes, transformers, and ears :)

Spent some time with my LP with P90s and remembering some of the fun of the axe, got this:

VC -5 semitones
Citrus 200, with the tonestack from wrecker liverpool
extra filth coming from the SDD Preamp drive block
factory 212 IR's
sidechained reverb

Really filthy, really fun!

Spent some time with my LP with P90s and remembering some of the fun of the axe, got this:

VC -5 semitones
Citrus 200, with the tonestack from wrecker liverpool
extra filth coming from the SDD Preamp drive block
factory 212 IR's
sidechained reverb

Really filthy, really fun!

Damn! Could you share this preset? Sounds awesome and I am in need :D

Don't sleep on combining amp models with drive blocks to get nasssty tonessss. A lot of the fuzzes that we call nasty are solid state dreams chasing things like blocking distortion from Fender Tweed Deluxe amps at levels that don't rip our eardrums out of our heads.

You can get those tones at safe volume levels with the magic box.

Hit a Tweed Deluxe model with a hot signal and it gets nasty fuzzy in all the right ways.

Preset used for that is here: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9237

All I did was kick on the microboost for the second half of the clip to smack the amp's front end with a super hot signal:

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 3.18.00 PM.png

Nothing to it. Guitar was a P90-equipped Les Paul. Running on the bridge pickup. Stock Gibson P90s too.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a Trombetta Mini-Bone :p

Here I start with the volume rolled of, wait for it :p

Back
Top Bottom