The Synth Block

Hi simeon, towards then end of the GR300 patch it sounds so much like a mouth organ it's beautiful. Is it still the same patch. I'd love to have that patch if possible.
Thanks in advance Nick H.

no, i stop playing at 2.11. the mouth organ (or it might be synth) is on the backing track

anyone have any good resources online for understanding monophonic settings and how they affect the sound?

I'm basically looking for something like this:

pizz strings osc aa a xxx d yy s xxx r zzzz filter ww
trumpet osc a d s r filt
flute osc 1 a d s r filt
osc 2 a d s r filt
ect

I don't want to copy stuff necessarily, but I think I need a starting point...so many of the sounds use multiple oscillators and other modulations of the parameters that I don't really know where to start....,

etc.

I googled a few permutations of "monophonic, moog, settings, orchestral instruments" and didn't come up with much...

edit - looks like my formatting got lost....that was supposed to be a table with different settings for each instrument....

some of these sounds aren't really possible with simple oscillators, although you can pretty much adapt any synth sound that uses them to the axe fx (unless the sound has a large "release" value). you sometimes need to employ other fx blocks like filters or drive blocks, though. also learning about the adsr, envelope and lfo's is very helpful, as you'll need them to create dynamic sounds.
if you have access to a softsynth like a moog, or the Logic ES1, then you can transfer the settings across.
i can tell you for trumpet, use two square waves with slightly different duty values. you can download the my analog horns patch and have a look. i made that by watching a video on youtube about creating a similar sound on an analog synth.
search on youtube for analog synthesis tutorial, btw

anyone have any good resources online for understanding monophonic settings and how they affect the sound?

etc.

I googled a few permutations of "monophonic, moog, settings, orchestral instruments" and didn't come up with much...

edit - looks like my formatting got lost....that was supposed to be a table with different settings for each instrument....

Google 'Sound on sound synth secrets'

Back
Top Bottom