The Super Bowl

This Dallas Cowboys fan wanted the Eagles to win.
Andy Reid's 4th quarter coaching was too much for Philadelphia, who for some reason took their foot off the gas pedal after halftime.

...and the sheer number of commercials, especially during the 2nd half was maddening.

This Dallas Cowboys fan wanted the Eagles to win.
Andy Reid's 4th quarter coaching was too much for Philadelphia, who for some reason took their foot off the gas pedal after halftime.

...and the sheer number of commercials, especially during the 2nd half was maddening.
I don’t think it was Philly taking their foot off the gas as much as it was KC finally finding it.

No defensive holding calls all game until the last minute. Pathetic. That call should NOT have been made.
I didn't like that call either, but I feel the Philly defense leaving two different receivers wide open for TDs on opposite sides of the field was more fatal than the defensive holding call. Not to mention their letting a hobbling Mahomes make two important running advances.

I didn't like that call either, but I feel the Philly defense leaving two different receivers wide open for TDs on opposite sides of the field was more fatal than the defensive holding call. Not to mention their letting a hobbling Mahomes make two important running advances.
Exactly right.

The holding call may have been 'iffy' but like it or not, considering the definition of defensive holding of impeding a receiver's progress it does meet that criteria. Whether the flag should have been called in that situation will be debated but I'm a proponent of calling a penalty in the SB if it's a penalty in the first game of the season.

I had no dog in the fight this year but the officiating was much better than most games recently. It was nice to watch a game that didn't have any questionable calls that impacted the outcome of the game.

The holding call may have been 'iffy' but like it or not, considering the definition of defensive holding of impeding a receiver's progress it does meet that criteria. Whether the flag should have been called in that situation will be debated but I'm a proponent of calling a penalty in the SB if it's a penalty in the first game of the season.

I had no dog in the fight this year but the officiating was much better than most games recently. It was nice to watch a game that didn't have any questionable calls that impacted the outcome of the game.
Another sensible reply.......bravo!

2 really good teams. With the exception of Suh, good men on both sides of the ball - especially Hurts and Mahomes. Two Texas high school products I might add. Ya it was a hold but hate that it was called, but I think KC still wins. Either way, just a great game to watch. I thought Stapleton and the national anthem was great.

Yes. Stapleton was the highlight of the night for me.

While the holding call at the end was questionable, it didn't come down to that - there were plenty of other things that lost Philly the game, such as a couple badly blown coverages, giving up a huge punt return late in the game, and letting a hobbled Mahomes still find ways to beat them. KC was already in field goal range when the hold call was made and while Philly likely would have gotten the ball back with more time left, KC had outplayed them in the 2nd half. It was interesting/ballsy strategy for KC not to take the walk-in TD the Eagles were giving them at the end. Can you imagine if they fumbled the next play or missed the FG? But they gambled and whittled the clock down rather than take the sure points, and it worked out. After seeming a bit tentative earlier, Reid picked the right time to gamble and he won.

Yes. Stapleton was the highlight of the night for me.

While the holding call at the end was questionable, it didn't come down to that - there were plenty of other things that lost Philly the game, such as a couple badly blown coverages, giving up a huge punt return late in the game, and letting a hobbled Mahomes still find ways to beat them. KC was already in field goal range when the hold call was made and while Philly likely would have gotten the ball back with more time left, KC had outplayed them in the 2nd half. It was interesting/ballsy strategy for KC not to take the walk-in TD the Eagles were giving them at the end. Can you imagine if they fumbled the next play or missed the FG? But they gambled and whittled the clock down rather than take the sure points, and it worked out. After seeming a bit tentative earlier, Reid picked the right time to gamble and he won.
All good points. Can you imagine how bad they would be bashing Andy Reid this morning about his clock management if they would have
taken the touchdown, and then lost the game? I think it was the right call on his part, Butker not withstanding! lol

Back
Top Bottom