The Pixies & Weezer in Holmdel NJ

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
While Mrs Bonkers is driving us back from the show in the Bonko-wagen, I thought I would let you know my impressions.

The Pixies brought the rock and roll. Both tone, performance, and vocals were impeccable. Paz LaChantain had some big shoes to fill with the departure of Kim Deal, but she was a good surprise. I knew she kicked ass on bass from her work with A Perfect Circle, but her vocals were great.

Weezer was incredible, like a rock machine, just churning out hit after hit. Great tones, great performance and after hearing Cuomo with his flying V, I now have V envy.

If you get a chance to see them, it's definitely a fun night.

While Mrs Bonkers is driving us back from the show in the Bonko-wagen, I thought I would let you know my impressions.

The Pixies brought the rock and roll. Both tone, performance, and vocals were impeccable. Paz LaChantain had some big shoes to fill with the departure of Kim Deal, but she was a good surprise. I knew she kicked ass on bass from her work with A Perfect Circle, but her vocals were great.

Weezer was incredible, like a rock machine, just churning out hit after hit. Great tones, great performance and after hearing Cuomo with his flying V, I now have V envy.

If you get a chance to see them, it's definitely a fun night.
Hey you were in my neck of the woods! I am in Matawan.
Nothing more to add really. lol

Another interesting thing about the crowd was there were a lot of college age kids at the show, 50% split between male and female.

That they seem to be able to constantly appeal to a young audience to cultivate a next generation of fans is something more bands need to figure out and is inspiring.

If gigawatt didn’t give you V envy and geezer did they must’ve rocked cos the axes he’s been showing gave me a bad case of the V envy.

If gigawatt didn’t give you V envy and geezer did they must’ve rocked cos the axes he’s been showing gave me a bad case of the V envy.
Cuomo's V through that Marshall stack was amazing. Gigawatt has some nice looking V, but this thing sounded great. Better than the Scorpions' or Priest's V guitars when I saw them live in their prime.

This thing just had that idealized studio V tone in a live setting.

Cuomo's V through that Marshall stack was amazing. Gigawatt has some nice looking V, but this thing sounded great. Better than the Scorpions' or Priest's V guitars when I saw them live in their prime.

This thing just had that idealized studio V tone in a live setting.
I had an early 80s V, and I liked the tone a lot. Same time I had a Les Paul and SG...interesting how 3 guitars with pretty much the same pickups sound so different!

Back
Top Bottom