The Pets Thread

No pets per sé, but some frequent repeat guests to our back yard which we've named Fred, Dinky, Frik n Frak, Havey, Card, Lady Billium, and Jeffrey (Jeffrey is a frog that does not like his picture taken).
1659399707622.jpeg1659399745466.png1659399767642.png

1659399805864.jpeg1659399842138.jpeg1659400102833.jpeg

Last edited:
Bennie....
0801222038.jpg

Reposting with pics....

7 year old F3 mid-content female wolfdog (47.3 grey wolf, 20% GSD, 18.2% Malamute, 14.5% Husky)
2 Shiba Inu's (14 year old female, 9 year old male)
2 Blue Merle Standard Aussie Shepherd sibling pups (male and female), both just turned 6 months old.

Pics? Too many to choose from. Give me a few min to round some up. Edit following, but maybe not this eve.

Fun facts:
Suki raised Kuma when she was 5.
Kuma raised Stormy when he was 3 because Suki said "no f'kn way dude!"
Stormy is now raising the Aussies, and teaching them some very "wolfy" behaviors. The irony of a wolf raising shepherds is not lost on me. They will be very unique pups because of the things they're picking up from her.
The Aussies are named in tribute to one of my other hobbies...Colt and Kimber are two of my favorite gun mfrs. =)

[EDIT]
+pics

Left to right: Kuma (male Shiba), Stormy (female Wolfdog), and Suki (female Shiba)
TheThreeAmigosOnNewCouchInMelissa.jpg

Front is Colt (male Aussie), back is Kimber (female Aussie)
Colt-n-Kimber.jpg

Last edited:
Uu
Reposting with pics....

7 year old F3 mid-content female wolfdog (47.3 grey wolf, 20% GSD, 18.2% Malamute, 14.5% Husky)
2 Shiba Inu's (14 year old female, 9 year old male)
2 Blue Merle Standard Aussie Shepherd sibling pups (male and female), both just turned 6 months old.

Pics? Too many to choose from. Give me a few min to round some up. Edit following, but maybe not this eve.

Fun facts:
Suki raised Kuma when she was 5.
Kuma raised Stormy when he was 3 because Suki said "no f'kn way dude!"
Stormy is now raising the Aussies, and teaching them some very "wolfy" behaviors. The irony of a wolf raising shepherds is not lost on me. They will be very unique pups because of the things they're picking up from her.
The Aussies are named in tribute to one of my other hobbies...Colt and Kimber are two of my favorite gun mfrs. =)

[EDIT]
+pics

Left to right: Kuma (male Shiba), Stormy (female Wolfdog), and Suki (female Shiba)
View attachment 105860

Front is Colt (male Aussie), back is Kimber (female Aussie)
View attachment 105861
Love wolfdogs. A friend of my ex GF in VA had some, and one kinda took to me while we were there visiting for a couple days. I've always seemed to have better luck with animals than humans, though....

You and me both brother. You and me both! No human children so our pups are priority. They ARE our kids. =)

View attachment 105875
TBH, I am primarily a cat person, but pretty much any animal is better company than most humans. Bennie picked me, though we got him to be the OL's service dog. Similar thing happened a quarter century ago. Briscoe, the GS seeing eye dog that one of the blind students I worked with was assigned, decided he liked me. Being chosen by an animal always seems to end up a positive, whereas it is most often the opposite with humans....

Wish my old girl Pinkie pictured earlier could be resurrected like this thread. Lost her in January. :cry::cry::cry:

Meet my new girl, Libby. Got her in March and she turned two a week ago.

YuIPC4SD_ZgQ7lr4isQdeLLlJjjsBz1xdvCfsKipaI4nxTvmG-n9UX3H8VbQW-lJvCt2uFqC7Rq56jaafb2OHPwuAaUE0feKxU0uKSbo5vzzieJyzgh2gKYzJX4TRARpgq3_XMGWEcGUjDnbDpjVJKD4jriZtu75b2442meqojBRG3zW1_HGir7OJZ6VD2qL5FlBS7rqxIJJvzvZFQ1rqKJGQku-2zM7kFoK_dGTzo3MShlU25D-SGDBJUaFdV0MkQv3JgvhOkTP8WoEFo7_W-z4WK67tMLWpNW07_bsR-hhJsIgm351ez_5jyOHn3K92BCSt15QjSRhI61ZALguE7-TSpEJOGFlFwnp_hgN0MMsJxy6aeL6yjNTWC5y917kH1ZeKMnYHCn_wBoMtkhxOx9d1Nk20orTQrO1af8MtYfW_4-vjZGuppBZIDDTOGhH1oVvUJN4x-bImfnJ8VbVdy3aWxQBCcGPsa3zbrgQOTA6PHzmnMWcmsrWAoK75gksxLWLtyJNup8kOAE1Q_6QfTy3UjbizpnGiRvPvWTJ0YBcRzfcajOHdvS1YMwBWkuM5ju7i7ws2tuYHQBiiw5LjDxa4my9mrDB1EPXG9p4TtBXciTxyAGSgc7_L1XTtF-upy2zGbC1A-pAGCun0AllZqzmLi6jXdbuMrd3Efb09BmB6YmxCOIRPynm_d9buxowTQFW1Q7f0YdRRlsIlUDMATolwA0DDykyqmltI5cBHlUaIvvZx6r-z6RG8RkEki4=w780-h1039-no

And a funny coincidence. One picture is Pinkie in 2006 and the other is Libby in 2022. Two different dogs, two different cities, two different cases.........

Case-Pinkie.JPGCase-Libby.jpg

Wish my old girl Pinkie pictured earlier could be resurrected like this thread. Lost her in January. :cry::cry::cry:

Meet my new girl, Libby. Got her in March and she turned two a week ago.

YuIPC4SD_ZgQ7lr4isQdeLLlJjjsBz1xdvCfsKipaI4nxTvmG-n9UX3H8VbQW-lJvCt2uFqC7Rq56jaafb2OHPwuAaUE0feKxU0uKSbo5vzzieJyzgh2gKYzJX4TRARpgq3_XMGWEcGUjDnbDpjVJKD4jriZtu75b2442meqojBRG3zW1_HGir7OJZ6VD2qL5FlBS7rqxIJJvzvZFQ1rqKJGQku-2zM7kFoK_dGTzo3MShlU25D-SGDBJUaFdV0MkQv3JgvhOkTP8WoEFo7_W-z4WK67tMLWpNW07_bsR-hhJsIgm351ez_5jyOHn3K92BCSt15QjSRhI61ZALguE7-TSpEJOGFlFwnp_hgN0MMsJxy6aeL6yjNTWC5y917kH1ZeKMnYHCn_wBoMtkhxOx9d1Nk20orTQrO1af8MtYfW_4-vjZGuppBZIDDTOGhH1oVvUJN4x-bImfnJ8VbVdy3aWxQBCcGPsa3zbrgQOTA6PHzmnMWcmsrWAoK75gksxLWLtyJNup8kOAE1Q_6QfTy3UjbizpnGiRvPvWTJ0YBcRzfcajOHdvS1YMwBWkuM5ju7i7ws2tuYHQBiiw5LjDxa4my9mrDB1EPXG9p4TtBXciTxyAGSgc7_L1XTtF-upy2zGbC1A-pAGCun0AllZqzmLi6jXdbuMrd3Efb09BmB6YmxCOIRPynm_d9buxowTQFW1Q7f0YdRRlsIlUDMATolwA0DDykyqmltI5cBHlUaIvvZx6r-z6RG8RkEki4=w780-h1039-no

And a funny coincidence. One picture is Pinkie in 2006 and the other is Libby in 2022. Two different dogs, two different cities, two different cases.........

View attachment 105880View attachment 105881
I thoughts only cats laid down in cases. And boxes. And laundry baskets. And...

I thoughts only cats laid down in cases.

Had a huge, black, ornery Maine Coon at one time. I accidentally left the door to my studio open one afternoon and he proceeded to piss in every case, bag, and box I had laying open on the floor. Took me WEEKS to get all that pee cleaned off a large duffle bag of assorted cables. He found his way to a rescue the day after he pulled that stunt.

To this day I don't like cats. Never really did. He belonged to my wife. After I told her what he did she didn't question my decision to kick him to the curb.

I like cats for the same reason I don't like them: Their personality. It can be quirky, funny, or very defiant. I generally like cats, but it needs to be a good "fit."

I like cats for the same reason I don't like them: Their personality. It can be quirky, funny, or very defiant. I generally like cats, but it needs to be a good "fit."

"Cats don't have friends or pet-parents. They have subjects." LOL

We had another cat around the time we had the Maine Coon. A little female American Grey Tabby named Chauncey. She was supposed to be the wife's, but she ended up bonding with me for some odd reason. When I'd lay down on the couch for a nap I'd wake up with this damn cat laying on my chest, staring and purring and being generally sweet. I might have had a low level emotional attachment to her. MAYBE! LOL

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. =)

We had to rehome her when we adopted a 2 year old male Malamute with an extraordinarily high prey drive. He literally HUNTED her to the point we had to keep her locked up in a separate room. That was unfair to her, so we found her a good home with a lady I worked with at the time. From what I was told, she bonded with her husband. HEH!

I still don't like cats. 🤘🤣🤘

Back
Top Bottom