The other HSS: Who does this?

Once upon a time rock musicians were rebels and innovators. Today many are as traditionalist and resistant to changes as an old fart orthodox🧐
There are many examples of that, like the resistance to accept digital modelers, the obsession for impractical and obsolete vintage features or gear - just because it was like that in the good ol' days, or the masochism of playing an over-weighted LesPaul to be authentic :D😉
Does this make me a rebel plugging in an authentic reissue into a digital modeller? 😅

Does this make me a rebel plugging in an authentic reissue into a digital modeller? 😅
Is a reissue authentic? 🤓

I mean, I understand restoring the original old things because of their sentimental value, e.g.: vintage cars. But reissue them again into production? With all the technical flaws and limitations that have already been improved in modern designs? And make them more expensive than the modern ones? Who would buy them?

1660313214260.png

Sorry, I am only stirring the pot. Just joking. :D:p;)
It is Friday!!!

Last edited:
Once upon a time rock musicians were rebels and innovators. Today many are as traditionalist and resistant to changes as an old fart orthodox🧐
There are many examples of that, like the resistance to accept digital modelers, the obsession for impractical and obsolete vintage features or gear - just because it was like that in the good ol' days, or the masochism of playing an over-weighted LesPaul to be authentic :D😉

Guilty!! :)

I do worst than buying vintage reissues. I once bought a set of Gilmour GHS Strings and a Jim Dunlop Petrucci pick, but I still cannot bend like the boomer or pick like the bearded 😅😂

I dig those Petrucci picks, but I think the Petrucci brand Beard Oil is the key to lightning fast alternate picking. :)

john-petruccis-nebula-beard-oil-50ml-beard-oil-captain-fawcett-limited-528341_1024x1024@2x.jpg

As a member of the big beard brigade, we all use beard oil. At least those of us that don't look homeless...

All joking aside, longer beards get very dry if you don't use beard oil or balm.
I don't have a very thick beard but tried to let it grow into a long goatee with trimmed sides. At first, it wouldn't get past a certain length but a friend that has an incredible beard turned me onto beard oil. Discovered that the whiskers were breaking at a certain length, the beard oil has cured that problem.

Back in the 80's Robin guitars did it quite often....
Yeah! I had a Robin Ranger back then, Tele bridge, Strat Middle, HB neck pickups. Great guitar, everyone who played it loved it. Sold it to a friend, who I think still has it.

I dig those Petrucci picks, but I think the Petrucci brand Beard Oil is the key to lightning fast alternate picking.
Yeah, you put it on your strings, right?

Oh and re the OP..., the EBMM Valentine is sort of in the same vein, as it has a SC (albeit under a HB cover) bridge PU, and a HB @ the neck (but no middle PU.)

Different strokes, and all that jazz.

Back
Top Bottom