The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

I had three in my cart, changed to 1, had address already filled out, put in credit card number and when I hit the last button it went back to empty cart. Is this normal? I dont have time to click on the store in the day, but I tried the bot finally and it worked. Lucky I was even looking at my computer. I did everything I can and it was still gone. Very frustrating since I'm playing by the rules and still losing. I just dont have time at work to watch between 9am and 6pm. I'm on the list, but I'm happy to pay cliff more money given how great the product is. I just can't compete with other bots I guess. Anyone give me any tips on what I did wrong? I moved very fast and had to fill out very little. It's just a frustrating customer experience.

I had three in my cart, changed to 1, had address already filled out, put in credit card number and when I hit the last button it went back to empty cart. Is this normal? I dont have time to click on the store in the day, but I tried the bot finally and it worked. Lucky I was even looking at my computer. I did everything I can and it was still gone. Very frustrating since I'm playing by the rules and still losing. I just dont have time at work to watch between 9am and 6pm. I'm on the list, but I'm happy to pay cliff more money given how great the product is. I just can't compete with other bots I guess. Anyone give me any tips on what I did wrong? I moved very fast and had to fill out very little. It's just a frustrating customer experience.

You gotta be less trigger happy with the "Add to Cart" F5 or back page.. Cuz it happens so fast when they hit the store that you get into a rhythm refreshing and end up adding too many.. So, just breath.. slow down a little with your refreshing.. It will happen for you.. If you're persistent enough tomorrow (or who knows, maybe tonight?) you should be able to get one tomorrow.. 12pm-4pm EST window..

I did just that. I saw 2 in the quantity box and before I could stop the bot, it went to three. I stopped the bot at 3. I quickly made it one, went to the next page where all my info was filled out already. Went to next page and put in credit care, hit buy and it was gone. Yahoo should at least keep the unit for time enough to fill out the info. I did it all in less than 30 seconds and still didn't get it.

Got one at 4:40
No BOTS here but I did copy and paste my info from an open text doc so I wouldn't make any typing mistakes.

Me too! Don't understand those apparently impatient line jumpers who could then settle for waiting on ups ground!

My scenario was this:

I often work from home and it just so happened that this last couple weeks I am implementing a project that requires a lot of boring hands on monitoring. So I had the time to hit the store during those noon hours when it was being stocked. I missed out like 5 times with one in the cart. I was in total favor of a wait list because of my time window. If this had gone on another week I would have to just sit back at wait for my name to come up. My GF walks in and trys one friggen time and gets in for me! Too funny.

We didnt use a bot or autofill as I realized my shipping info was basically stored in the store from previous trys. I simply had a list.

1. click Checkout
2. confirm info there and click CONT
3. click Visa
4. Paste credit card number (preloaded in clipboard)
5. click exp month & year
6. enter CCV
7. click CONT
8. Pray

I got to where I could do it all in about 10 seconds and never succeeded. She took at least a min and got it anyway. So it was just as much luck as speed. I also got a late night one (probably a kickback from over order) and not many were lurking. I don't know, I am just happy to have one delivering tomorrow.

So, I was prepared to play the F5 game when I had the chance and continue to do so until I snagged one. If I should happen to get one within my coupon window great! If not, I had no issues paying the little extra just to be done with the whole thing. In other words, knowing I was going to have to contend with all the others in the store regardess of coupon or not, I was just going to order WHENEVER I got the chance. I did have the choice to not push that final button and I chose to pay and be done with the uncertainty.

Funny about the 2nd day air. It's like $80 more. I had just got home from filling my truck up for $85 and that lasts a week. It's all relative! Worked better for me timing wise. :)

Last edited:
Thx, good advice and attitude. Seems I'm not the only one with the problem. In this case, my complaint is with Yahoo commerce, not Fractal. It's just silly to not allow a reasonable claim period to fill out info. If the buyer doesn't complete in a min or two, then I understand it could go away. They do this with concert tickets - a clock tells you how long you have. They don't just go away because someone else is faster. Plain silly IMHO. No rush, I'm also on the list. Just thought it would be nice to grab one sooner.

I was not so much in a hurry to actually get the unit as I was to end the routine of checking availability constantly, so ground shipping is OK, especially since it doesn't have very far to go and only took a couple days for the MFC.

Demand is starting to ease up a bit. I think the Premium demand has peaked, although it'll still continue for
a while. Seven minutes to take up the first run is a record. I think all the really determined people have theirs,
or will by the end of tomorrow. Forum members seem to be getting virtually all of what goes into the Store.
Killer!

Thirteen people scored today:

mhenson
boleary2
oddb0d
gmoulder
WITELITE
Unmotivated
RIM
Bantam Menace
KevHo
Gizmo
kev
PaulS
wake911

Wouldn't surprise me if one of tomorrow's runs lasts 10-20 minutes.
Encouraging signs for Wait Listers.

I actually have the money to go at $2599, but I feel we were promised a
$2199 price point for weeks. I have always been held accountable for
doing what I say I will do, so....

Last edited:
I know I am a pessimist but also a realist. First batch today 7 minutes, second batch went back to two minutes so don't think we will see any twenty to thirty minutes time this or next week but it doesn't really matter how long it takes to sell them out as long as they do sell out at the higher price probably the wait list will not be applied till they stop selling out in that day. More and more people are continuing to buy at the higher price

I know I am a pessimist but also a realist. First batch today 7 minutes, second batch went back to two minutes so don't think we will see any twenty to thirty minutes time this or next week but it doesn't really matter how long it takes to sell them out as long as they do sell out at the higher price probably the wait list will not be applied till they stop selling out in that day. More and more people are continuing to buy at the higher price

Once again, somebody is starting to understand .... :-(

One interesting twist is that yahoo has changed the page source for the page. Result of all of us hammering the page??

Back
Top Bottom