The Official Axe Fx Ultra violin processor Hello thread.

Don....cool looking rig!!! How will you install the PUP?

Glad to hear from a violinist. Love the instrument. Penguin Cafe, Kronos,..etc...

Alright finally got an example recorded. I did a quick play through stepping in different effects for different parts of the song. I start off using the Crystal Echos. Then use Undulation on the Chorus.
I switch into Scintillating later on & use the Subway Verb renamed & changed a lot added a phaser.

So anyway here is an example for your listening pleasure.

New Axe

Bet this thing will sound really kewl with "crystals"
BTW...this is Jews Harp made from wood!

Attachments

• pup.peg.jpg
    pup.peg.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 11
  • jewsharp.jpg
    jewsharp.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Alright finally got an example recorded. I did a quick play through stepping in different effects for different parts of the song. I start off using the Crystal Echos. Then use Undulation on the Chorus.
I switch into Scintillating later on & use the Subway Verb renamed & changed a lot added a phaser.

So anyway here is an example for your listening pleasure.

Way cool!

Hello!

Great 1st post!
I'd like to hear about a typical layout of your patches.
Do you use amp/cab sims at all or is it all compression & fx?
Any opinion on Nigel Kennedy?

Welcome!

Thanks for your kind response. The typical layout...I will post that after this weekend, I'm getting familiar enough between the software (Which is fantastic BTW ) & the physical unit to communicate better what I comprehend about the beast.

I would really like to hear this. Any clips out there?

I did quietly post my first example. I used a Korg Triton piece I am currently sketching with the violin/axe play over. It's just one type of example. I think my next sample will be just the instrument & Axe straight to showcase how this device interprets my lowly little strings. I'm thinking a more appropriate future example for you (in general) conservative 'guitar' folk.

Welcome! That's awesome that you're using it for that. Can't wait to hear the results.

Thanks man, love this artisan device.

that happens a lot...

I can see an envelope controlled wah to be very very cool for something like violin... hmm...
have fun!

Good advice, will explore that as I get deeper into the knowledge 'experience' of this thing.

Amen, brother. Amen.

Praise the Lord or authority of your choice.

:D :D :D

Yes, please post clips, I'd love to hear this. Didn't even know they made 6-string violins, but I'm a big fan of bowed strings.

Ya. Jordan out of Cali whom interestingly enough is actually a bass player, which on a very odd deep level makes complete sense that he'd understand the core spirit of a violin, I mean they are tuned the same, well, except in reverse.

Jordan makes not only 6 but 7 string violins, which in all honesty is just way too much for me to keep track of.
V7harcJJ.JPG

Mine looks just like that except 6 strings. It's that total cheap after market car paint color that changes in lighting conditions but doesn't matter it sounds phenomenal, because it is a true electric body instrument. Like a true electric body guitar, unlike as you all know an acoustic guitar. It's core pickup is the barberatra pickup system. It is the top of the line equivalent of (Guitar pickup of choice)

In combination he does a very smart & practical construction of a stringed instrument with guitar style tuners. Their position at the front near your neck is key in balance for the instrument. For us lowly violinist that points only relevant.

Anyway...

are you in any bands? do you have a myspace or anything like that? there was an amazing violinist playing with massive attack many years ago who blew my mind. she had a lot of effects on her violin and it sounded absolutely Mammoth!! it'd be cool to hear what you can do with the synth block. now there's an idea. i reckon you' could do endless shit using the synths.

No I was at one time, in a band, not anymore, no web site as of now.

Ya...

I'm all about eventually getting deep inside the synth blocks.

Sorry but I think I was the first to post some violin recordings with Axe, almost 2 years ago! :) Just joking, welcome to the forum, it's great to see another violinist here. I use it for a more "classical" sound, I play an old acoustic violin with a Shadow piezo, and I've used it live, on recordings and on television with some IR to achieve a more "acoustic" sound, the piezo sounds terrible on its own, but with the right IR, and a bit of reverb and compression from the Axe I can have an amazing sound. I like to use some weird effects too, violin+fractal axe is lots of fun!!!

Ya I posted it facetiously, with a possible out, I figured there was someone else, Especially with violin, there always has been & will be someone before me. And usually better too. It's all good.

I appreciate your approach with the instrument but I have a tendency to go the opposite of any kind of acoustic sounds with it. I'm all about deconstructing the instruments sound & redesigning it's capabilities on the tools of the Axe but then again it is the only true expression instrument for me, since I don't play guitar or many other instruments deeply.

Welcome. I think this is a great combination.

Thanks man, I gotta' tell you...IT F'n IS!! Love this gateway device.

Ooo... me wanna hear!!!

As for turning it on/off... autoengage is an awesome feature where you can toggle it on and off simply by moving your expression pedal out of heel position (or back to heel position to disengage it).

Thank you for that sooo much, I recall reading it at one point but did not make the full connection. In your simple concise response you resolved it for me & I now am using it in a few places, though I have not explored the Scott Peterson Depths that Wah holds for me.

Way cool!

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen.

And finally thank you all for your responses, I am honored to be apart of this Cliff Edged world.

Welcome to the fold, and I agree with Don, VERY impressive first post series...

I have post-envy now...!

If you are able to make anything usable out of the synth I'll be very interested - if it works for violin it should work well with my fretless basses...

Welcome to the fold, and I agree with Don, VERY impressive first post series...

I have post-envy now...!

If you are able to make anything usable out of the synth I'll be very interested - if it works for violin it should work well with my fretless basses...

I'm intrigued by that game. Sharing what I create as a violinist & seeing how guitarist interact with those pre-sets.

Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom