the modeler equivalent to alternate guitar tunings...

shatteredsquare

Power User
the input trim pot! if you put it on 0.5, you get a whole new amp, like tuning to DADGAD, music just starts falling out of nowhere...

Um... that’s just getting less distortion. I would hardly describe that as a whole new amp...
Great that you have found something that sounds awesome for you though! Less is more sometimes!

I find input trim to be particularly useful on the "jumpered" models. Fine tuning it helps me get the ratios between treble drive and normal drive just right.

Weird that you mention this, I have just very recently started setting a lot of my presets to 0.5 Input Trim. I stack a couple of drive boosts in front of the amp, but also have a modifier to bring the amp back to 1.00 if needed.

Really like the sounds I am getting this way!

right...but turn the gain knob up to get the distortion back...it's a new amp...

Is it really new though ?

Wouldn’t that be similar to saying that cranking the master and keeping the preamp gain low is a ‘different’ amp than cranking the preamp and keeping the MV low ?

same amp, just different tones based upon the settings in my book

Is it really new though ?

Not new past the gain control, but because of the bright cap and the gain pot taper, that's the first filter in the chain after input impedance, so lowering input trim accesses a new combination of input EQ and distortion...it's strictly preamp characteristic but still previously inaccessible EQ+distortion combinations

0.5 is equivalent to using the Low input jack on amps. If you are using high-output pickups it's often better to use the Low input to get into the sweet spot of the bright cap.
Yes, lowering input trim is great for getting lower gain tones from the plexi type amps. If you just turn the gain down they get very bright.

Yeah, but what about trim at 0.25 or 0.125?? Two whole new amps in CGCEGC and BF#BD#F#B respectively?

Or maybe we just get what we would get when we turn trim to those values. o_O

I like having Input Trim in my global Perform page. I find it really convenient, especially when swapping between guitars when practicing. Saves me having to make duplicate presets/channels for sc/hb.

I like having Input Trim in my global Perform page. I find it really convenient, especially when swapping between guitars when practicing. Saves me having to make duplicate presets/channels for sc/hb.
The amps get all the glory. Not so much the pickups.

Input trim is great, I only started using it very recently though.

With my Ibanez Universe, if I'm using the middle single coil with a Fender amp, if I turn the input trim to about 0.4 it becomes real Strat-like.

Keeping the trim at about 0.5 with the humbuckers and a Marshall gives it a real classic rock flavour.

Having written this, I've just realised I should try the opposite [turning the input trim up] and see what happens as my Suhr Classic Pro [s-s-s] has V60LP pickups.

0.5 is equivalent to using the Low input jack on amps. If you are using high-output pickups it's often better to use the Low input to get into the sweet spot of the bright cap.
Hey dude, wait one sec, if you don’t mind;
Let me ask you this, If I use super hot and super high output pickups with super brightness, how do I make it even brighter??? I use a lot of EMG, Actives and also Lundgren so I wanted to know, would this make it brighter ?

Back
Top Bottom