The "ML Secret" finally revealed

Absolutely. Knowing the real thing makes a huge different. Whether you end up liking the amp or not, you get to learn it. I'm excited for these packs to be released.

And yeah, LOUD!

What would be a fun hint to give now would be giving us an anagram of the actual brand name of the cabinet, or the version Fractal Audio names their modeled products.

For example an anagram of the Citrus cab would be Rustic.

What would be a fun hint to give now would be giving us an anagram of the actual brand name of the cabinet, or the version Fractal Audio names their modeled products.

For example an anagram of the Citrus cab would be Rustic.

It's a bit more complicated than that. :) The brand name/names wouldn't explain the awesomeness. The collection has thousands of IRs and definitely has some of the best cabs I've been fortunate enough to shoot. The versatility can be overwhelming. :)

OK Mikko...

What exactly is going on here? Is this upcoming cab pack going to be a lot more expensive than your previous packs because it is so much larger than all the rest? Is it going to contain more cabs than the stated Citrus and the Engl cabs?

OK Mikko...

What exactly is going on here? Is this upcoming cab pack going to be a lot more expensive than your previous packs because it is so much larger than all the rest? Is it going to contain more cabs than the stated Citrus and the Engl cabs?

The Citrus Angle Bulb thing is a completely different pack. The big pack doesn't include them. No prices have been set yet but obviously the whole point for this bundling is the fact that people were asking for it before. People that like my work on Cab Pack 7 and 13 will definitely want the Angle and Citrus cabs so I'll try and lower the price to where you get more bang for buck.

Obviously I will never become a quantity over quality type of guy. A normal pack might take me 2 months to produce. This big pack has taken me over 6 months already. So I hope no one misinterprets it as me doing quantity over quality. :) I get you guys as I am an Axe-Fx user myself. It's getting ridiculous with Cab Pack 274 and 275 will be even better. Also the marketing statements like "I completely changed something and the next pack will be way better than anything I've done before." Sorry but that's not how I roll. There has been no need to change any of my IR shoot methods since the first Cab Pack. The results were incredible then. The results are incredible now. :) For my personal use case I still use Cab Pack 7, 8 and 13 the most out of the packs that I've released. Those are the "must haves" if you ask me personally and obviously when I set out to do new packs I try to aim that high every time. The thing is I know people who prefer Cab Pack 9 over everything else. I also know people who love Cab Pack 12 over everything else. The FAS beta team is still saying the "Sure Cabs" are my best work. I hope that all releases find their users but I also know that it's really hard for people to know which pack is the right pack for you without comparing them side by side. For that reason I wanted to create this one big pack and lower the price as low as I possibly can. This way I'm sure people will find some of their favorite IRs inside. :) I hope it works out well for all of us.

9 is def my favorite, followed up by the Sukr cab pack.

This is exactly what I meant. :) Although people can't stop talking about CP13 there are packs like CP9 that are just the right thing for some people. For me personally it's about finding the right amp+cab combinations and then comparing feel etc. I used to use only one amp sim for trying out IRs which I chose as "the best amp sim" at some point but now I've realized that it's impossible to hear an amp sims full potential if you don't have the correct IR. I really took the time creating these Preset-Cab bundles so that you guys get to experience the capabilities immediately after getting the pack. I hope you like them. :)

I can't understand... everything seems ready...so what?

Everything that FAS and ML releases goes through heavy beta testing. In my case it goes through multiple beta groups. It's what that four letter word "soon" stands for. The physical work is done. I've done my part. It takes a long time to beta test thousands of IRs while beta testing everything else FAS is working on like Quantum. :)

Back
Top Bottom