The mini joys thread

Mine is a little story about the other night. With a group of friends for a dinner party then we decided to hit up a divey local pub for karoake. There was this older gentleman there probably mid 70's who was all alone at the table next to us. He went up and did a song. I told him how great it was and chatted with him a bit. He told us how the song was a reference to WW1 when soldiers would sing this song on a temporary truce at night. Anyhow....just giving this older guy some attention and humanity he seemed to really light up. I imagine he might be lonely as he was there alone and who knows what his story is but a little social interaction may have been what he needed for the week.

My mini-joy tomorrow will be waking to several inches of newly fallen snow...and watching the apartment grandkids' romp and make a snowman.

My contribution will be some rocks for eyes and a snipped carrot nose. They can find their own scarf and hat (I really don't want a snowman coming to life and scaring the grandkids' though; that might be one the kids would remember their entire lives)

Back
Top Bottom